Shishapangma officially know as Xixiabangma is the 14 highest mountain in the world and lowest of eight-thousanders mountains. It was the last 8,000 meter peak to be climbed, due to its location entirely within Tibet. The mountain has two summits, the commonly climbed Central summit is 8013m.
Before the Chinese opened Tibet to western mountaineers in 1978, little was known about Shishapangma. The only 8,000m peak to lie entirely in Tibet, it lies close to Nepalese border, shrouded behind the great, but less high, border peaks of Langtang. It is now regarded as one of the most straightforward 8,000m climbs and its summit is frequently achieved. Regarded as a ‘holy’ mountain local Tibetan, this peak names are Xixabangma, Gosainthan also.
The North West normal route takes up easy angled snow slopes to 35 degrees with one steeper section. The necessary lines will be fixed and placed on steeper or crevassed sections.
- Base camp is at 5000m. At the base camp, we make ready final preparations and acclimatization walks. Yaks transport our expedition gear from Base camp to ABC at 5,400m. Three further camps will be placed to go ahead en-route.
- Camp 1, 6,730m : After 6-7 hours walk we reach in camp 2 through crossing many snowy slopes by fixing ropes in the places of crevassed.
- Camp 2, 7,045m : After 5-6 hours we reach camp 3 via steep ascent leading to very gentle ground below the northwest ridge.
- Camp 3, 7,400m: From Camp 3, it takes 9-12 hours to reach on the summit. The situation of the groups/climbers physical fitness; and also the favorable condition of the weather depends the climbing ahead.
EVEREST EXPEDITIONS NEPAL is delighted to offer the world-class service in the Shishapangma Base Camp and other higher camps of this mountain. Our service covers since arrivals in Kathmandu, Hotel accommodations, drive to Base Camp, Yak transport till Advance Base Camp and vice versa.
EXPEDITION COST INCLUDES
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 5 nights hotel (5 star, Annapurna or similar) in Kathmandu, bb plan
- Accommodation in Tibet on full board basis (breakfast, lunch & dinner).
- Shisapangma Expedition permit, Tibet visa & Tibet travel permit and all taxes
- 50 Kg Expedition equipment luggage or barrel per climber is allowed till ABC
- Necessary yaks for carrying equipment & loads
- Food and fuels in the base camp for whole period
- 1 tent per climber of North face or similar for Base Camp
- Dining, Kitchen, Store tent, mattress and all camping facilities needed in BC
- Experienced and professional staff at BC : Base camp manager, cook, kitchen boy
- Liaisons officer and interpreter service
- Equipment allowance, wages, life, medical & life, medical & rescue insurance for all Nepali members.
- Emergency oxygen, mask & regulator at ABC (use and pay)
- Immediate Rescue co-ordination (covered by your travel insurance)
- All transportation as per itinerary
- Group climbing equipment such as fixed rope, snow bar, ice screw etc.
- Generator or solar panel for charging & lighting in Base camp
- Gamow bag (Life saving device in case of altitude sickness) provided
- Satellite phone on pay call basis (1min = $ 3)
- Garbage deposit fee
- Visa Extension fee
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Agency service charge
EXPEDITION COST EXCLUDES
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Lunch & dinner, hotel after 5 nights in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications - equipment (if brought)
- Extra yak charge
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- Climbing Bonus & Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa) : Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit = USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
- All not mentioned in cost include part
this is wonderful, experience trip