Arun River Rafting
With four major river systems and hundreds of their tributaries, Arun River Rafting is considered as an important destination for those interested in whitewater rafting. The river systems include the Sapta Kosi in the east, the Narayani in the central, the Karnali in the west and the Mahakali in the far-west regions. Arun River rating is popular river rafting in Nepal. Arun rafting offer beautiful Arun valley, lush valley & Himalayan scenery. It is one of the most powerful and respected rivers in Nepal, cutting through the Himalaya with deep and awesome gorges, lush valleys and superb riverside beaches. It…
With four major river systems and hundreds of their tributaries, Arun River Rafting is considered as an important destination for those interested in whitewater rafting. The river systems include the Sapta Kosi in the east, the Narayani in the central, the Karnali in the west and the Mahakali in the far-west regions.
Arun River rating is popular river rafting in Nepal. Arun rafting offer beautiful Arun valley, lush valley & Himalayan scenery. It is one of the most powerful and respected rivers in Nepal, cutting through the Himalaya with deep and awesome gorges, lush valleys and superb riverside beaches. It needs minimum 5-6 days but we arrange according to travelers wish and holiday schedule. Arun River rapids can be challenging and technically complex than other rivers of Nepal. During the Arun River rafting , Himalaya Journey trekking provide full board basis trip including accommodation, meals and all rafting gears with professional rafting guide.
The Arun River is the biggest tributary of the Sapta Koshi River system. Originated in the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) of China, the river enters Nepal by cutting mountains nearMt. Everest and Mt. Makalu and passes through Tumlingtar. Kartikeghat, which is close to Tumlingtar, is the place from where rafting trip in the Arun River normally begins. Tumlingtar connects to Kathmandu and Biratnagar by air. We can also get to this place by trekking from Hile in Dhankuta district. This route is relatively much longer, as it takes for us about one and a half days’ bus drive to reach Hile from Kathmandu. The Arun River offers the best whitewater rafting trip due to her great rapids and remote location. Moreover, the lovers of rafting can also familiarize with a variety of ethnic communities.
- River Name: Arun River
- River Days: 9
- River Distance: 50 Km./31 miles (Approximately)
- Difficulty: IV to V
Rafting put in point: Tumlingtar
- Rafting ending point: Chatara
- Water Volume (Cumecs): 400
- Best Season: Spring & Autumn
- Rafting in the biggest tributary of Sapta Koshi River
- hort trekking in the eastern part of Nepal
- Beautiful scenery
- Exploring rich culture
- Best White Water Rafting
Basantapur We take breakfast and go for excursion around Basantapur and prepare for trekking.
Basantapur to Mangalbare It is our turn to trek to Mangalbare from Basantapur. We would experience varieties of wildlife and green vegetation on the way. Overnight in the camp.
Mangalbare to Guphapokhari Having lunch at Mangalbare, we trek to Guphapokhari . Overnight stay in camp.
Guphapokhari to Gorja From Guphapokhari, we trek to Gorja. En route, one can enjoy the remote rural settlement and unique culture. Overnight stay in our camp.
Gorja to Dobhan Trek to Dobhan from Gorja. Snacks will be served on the way. Overnight stay at Dobhan.
Dobhan to Kabelidobhan It is the first day of our rafting. It starts at Tamor River and camp at Kabelidobhan.
Kabelidobhan to Koya River Full day White Water Rafting and camp at Koya River bank
Koya River to Dumre We would raft down at calm section and camp at Dumre.
Dumre to Tribenighat Rafting continues in whitewater rapids of Tamor River and camp near Tribenighat.
Tribhenighat to Kathmandu It is the last day of rafting. We raft for about 3 hours and completes at Chatara and drive back to Kathmandu.
Arrival in Kathmandu Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley. We would visit some of the historical sites and World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu and Bhaktapur. Farewell dinner will be served in the evening.
Back home destination
- Kathmandu tumlingtar flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- Arun River rafting Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Rafting Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Deluxe Tent accommodation in River Fun Beach Resort with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Chatara to Biratnagar overland transportaton by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Biratnagar Kathmandu flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Himalaya Journey Trekking Company T-Shirt
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Guide and cook)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Hotel accomodation ,Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal – approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees