Arun Valley Trek
Arun Valley Trek Overview The Arun Valley Trek also offers a captivating journey through the heart of the Himalayas, providing an off-the-beaten-path experience that unveils the pristine beauty and cultural richness of eastern Nepal. Spanning over 400 words, here's an overview of the Arun Valley Trek: Nestled between two prominent Himalayan giants, Mount Everest and Makalu, the Arun Valley Trek is a hidden gem that promises an extraordinary adventure for trekkers seeking to explore the lesser-trodden trails of Nepal. This remote and less-commercialized trekking route offers a unique opportunity to delve into the serene landscapes, traditional villages, and diverse ecosystems…
Arun Valley Trek Overview
The Arun Valley Trek also offers a captivating journey through the heart of the Himalayas, providing an off-the-beaten-path experience that unveils the pristine beauty and cultural richness of eastern Nepal. Spanning over 400 words, here’s an overview of the Arun Valley Trek:
Nestled between two prominent Himalayan giants, Mount Everest and Makalu, the Arun Valley Trek is a hidden gem that promises an extraordinary adventure for trekkers seeking to explore the lesser-trodden trails of Nepal. This remote and less-commercialized trekking route offers a unique opportunity to delve into the serene landscapes, traditional villages, and diverse ecosystems that define the region.
Starting from the lush lowlands of Tumlingtar, the trek gradually ascends through terraced fields, dense forests, and quaint villages inhabited by diverse ethnic groups such as Rai, Sherpa, and Limbu. The trail meanders alongside the glistening Arun River, providing mesmerizing views of terraced farmlands and dense forests alive with vibrant birdlife. The route is a photographer’s paradise, with every twist and turn offering panoramic vistas of snow-capped peaks, emerald valleys, and cascading waterfalls.
Immersive Cultural Encounters and Majestic Alpine Landscapes: Unveiling the Arun Valley Trek’s Unique Charms
One of the highlights of the Arun Valley Trek is also the cultural immersion it offers. Trekkers have the chance to interact with friendly locals, observe their age-old customs, and gain insights into their traditional farming practices and daily lives. Monasteries, chortens, and prayer flags along the way offer glimpses into the spiritual aspect of the region.
As the trail ascends, the vegetation transitions from subtropical to alpine, and trekkers find themselves traversing high mountain passes, such as the Salpa La pass, which rewards with breathtaking panoramic views of Everest, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga ranges. The pristine wilderness of the Makalu Barun National Park, a biodiversity hotspot, shelters various rare flora and fauna, including the elusive snow leopard.
The Arun Valley Trek also demands moderate to strenuous physical fitness, with varied terrain and altitude gains. Accommodation options range from teahouses to homestays, providing an authentic taste of local hospitality and cuisine. Trekkers should be prepared for rustic conditions and carry essential trekking gear.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Arun Valley Trek is a less-traveled expedition that unfolds the hidden treasures of Nepal’s eastern Himalayas. It’s a harmonious blend of natural beauty, cultural encounters, and challenging trails that promises an unforgettable journey for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. This trek is not only about conquering mountains but also about discovering the soul of a remote and captivating region that remains relatively untouched by modernity.
- Fly to Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- View of Himalayas Everest, Mera Peak, Makalu, Amadablam, Thamserku, and other towering peaks.
- Understand and witness the different cultures in the region.
- Trek through isolated valleys and pink/red flowering rhododendron forests.
- Stunning beauty of the lush green Arun Valley & Makalu-Barun National Park
- Experience the diversity of unique flora and fauna.
On arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be met by a representative from Sherpa Expedition & Trekking who will take you to your 3-star hotel. You can rest at your hotel or stroll around Thamel and do some last-minute shopping and take in the sights. In the evening we get to try typical Nepalese cuisine at a welcome dinner hosted by Sherpa Expedition and Trekking.
The best means of getting to Tumlingtar is by plane taking less than one hour. The problem lies in that flights are irregular. An alternative is to fly to Biratnagar, and continue by bus and jeep. There are several lodge in Tumlingtar to choose from.
The trail today is more demanding as we climb higher toward Guranse. In the first 3 hours it is quite steep and along the way we pass through rhododendron, oak and bamboo forests before reaching Guranse where we stay the night.
A large chorten features at the entry to Salpa Pass (3360m), an indication that we are heading into the Tibetan Buddhist region of the trek. As we descend, rather rapidly through rugged terrain we will pass through forest and notice numerous birds and possibly black bear and maybe red pandas. The trail continues via Dhaka (2676m) until we reach Sanam where we will stay overnight.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees