Chulu-East Peak Climbing
Overview Chulu East Peak Climbing is an exhilarating mountaineering adventure situated in the Annapurna region of Nepal. Standing tall at 6,584 meters (21,601 feet) above sea level, it also offers a thrilling and rewarding experience for climbers looking to challenge their skills and conquer a Himalayan peak. The journey begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to the enchanting town of Pokhara, followed by a drive to the picturesque village of Chame, the starting point of the trek. The trail also winds through diverse landscapes, including lush forests, terraced fields, and charming Himalayan settlements, providing trekkers with breathtaking views of snow-capped…
Chulu East Peak Climbing is an exhilarating mountaineering adventure situated in the Annapurna region of Nepal. Standing tall at 6,584 meters (21,601 feet) above sea level, it also offers a thrilling and rewarding experience for climbers looking to challenge their skills and conquer a Himalayan peak.
The journey begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to the enchanting town of Pokhara, followed by a drive to the picturesque village of Chame, the starting point of the trek. The trail also winds through diverse landscapes, including lush forests, terraced fields, and charming Himalayan settlements, providing trekkers with breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, waterfalls, and the Marsyangdi River.
As the trek progresses, climbers acclimatize in the beautiful Manang Valley, where they immerse themselves in the local culture and traditions. The route then veers off to the Chulu East Base Camp, surrounded by towering mountains, preparing climbers for the challenging ascent ahead.
The climbing itself requires technical skills, including the use of ice axes, crampons, and ropes. While challenging, the rewards are immense as climbers witness awe-inspiring vistas from the summit, including the Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, and surrounding peaks.
The descent follows a different path, taking climbers through the tranquil village of Pisang and the famous Muktinath temple, a significant pilgrimage site. Throughout the journey, trekkers get an opportunity to interact with the warm and hospitable locals, gaining insights into their ancient way of life.
To undertake the Chulu East Peak climbing trip, climbers should possess a good level of physical fitness and prior mountaineering experience. It is crucial to be accompanied by a professional and experienced guide who can navigate the challenging terrains and ensure safety throughout the expedition.
Conclusion and Summary
Chulu East Peak climbing also offers a blend of adventure, culture, and natural beauty, making it an unforgettable experience for mountaineers seeking to test their limits and relish the grandeur of the Himalayas. With careful preparation and determination, reaching the summit of Chulu East is an accomplishment that will be cherished for a lifetime.
- Trip Duration: 17 Days
- Highest access of the trek: 6,584m.
- Mode of trekking: Camping / Tea House
- Grade: Mountaineering
- Food: Included except main meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Accommodation: 3 Kathmandu, 1 Pokhara & 12 Nights Lodges/Camping
- Best Season: Spring & Autumn
- Himalayan Viewed: Annapurna HImalayan Ranges
Day 01:Arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and transfer to hotel
Day 02:Today, we drive to Dumre and then to Beshisahar, overnight in a local lodge
Day 03:Having lunch at Beshisahar, we trek to Bahundada (1311 m.) and overnight in the camp
Day 04:We start our early trek to Chamje (1433 m.) after having food at Bahundada, overnight at Chamje in the tent.
Day 05:It is our turn to trek to Dadagaun (1943 m.) from Chamje, overnight in the camp
Day 06:After having food at Dadagaun, we trek to Chame (2713 m.), overnight in the camp
Day 07:Today, we trek to Pisang (3300 m.) from Chame overnight in the tent
Day 08:From Pisang, it is our privilege to trek to Ngawal (3305 m.), overnight in the tent
Day 09:We take rest at Ngawal for acclimatization. It is wise to explore around local site to adapt the local environment
Day 10:After having lunch at Ngawal, we trek to Chulu Base Camp (3910 m.), over night stay in the tent
Day 11:It is our turn to trek from Base Camp to High Camp (4955 m.), we do prepare ourselves for the peak climbing, camping in the tent
Day 12:We do acclimatize here if we feel uncomfortable. If we feel well, we go for attempting the summit
Day 13:Today, we ascent the summit ascent and return to the Base Camp
Day 14:From the Base camp, it is our opportunity to trek to Manang (3351 m.)
Day 15:Having food at Manang, we trek to Chu Ri Lather (4000 m)
Day 16:From Chu Ri Lather, we trek to Thorong Phedi (4510 m)
Day 17:We trek to Thorong-La pass (5,416 m) and then to Muktinath (3800 m) from Thorong Phedi
Day 18:Today we trek from Muktinath to Kagbeni (2800 m).
Day 19:From Kagbeni, we trek to Marpha (2667 m), overnight in a local lodge
Day 20:Having lunch at Marpha, we trek to Kalopani, Lete (2438 m), overnight in a lodge
Day 21:We trek from Kalopani to Tatopani (1189 m). Here, we relax with hot water spring.
Day 22:From Tatopani, we trek to Ghorepani (2855 m), overnight in a local lodge
Day 23:Today, early in the morning we ascend to Poonhill (3200 m) to view beautiful sunrise and spectacular view of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri region & Machhapuchhre ranges. In the afternoon, we decent to Tikhedhunga (1577 m)
Day 24:It is the last day of our trekking period. From Tikhedhunga, we trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara and overnight stay in Pokhara
Day 25:From Pokhara, we either drive or fly to Kathmandu, transfer to the hotel
Day 26:We go for sightseeing in the ancient and historical city of Bhaktapur and then transfer to Nagarkot. We will be able to see sun set and sun rise from Nagarkot.
Day 27:Having delicious lunch at Nagarkot, we drive back to our hotel and go for shopping in the afternoon. Farewell dinner will be served in the evening, overnight in the hotel
Day 28:We take our flight from Tribhuvan International Airport
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Domestic Flight Ticket (If any) and Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person. and Climbing Sherpa Insurance of $19,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
22. Climbing Permits, Climbing Sherpa Bonus
23. Climbing Equipments except your Climbing Boot.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Chulu east peak climbing is one of the challenging trekking peaks in Annapurna. Chulu east peak expedition (6,584 m)discover the Annapurna circuit trekking route with splendid Himalayan views of Mt. Dhualagiri 8167m, Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna 8091m & 17 snowy capped mountains of Annapurna trekking trails. This peak situated high above the Manang valley and lies in Annapurna Himalayan range, quite rightly included in the Damodar Himal. It simply say Chulu far east climbing too but officially name given as Chulu east peak.
Nepal Chulu east peak expedition permit issue through registered Nepal trekking agency as per rule and regulation of Nepal mountaineering association (NMA). This peak permit cost USD 250 per person but doable individuel person too. Its difficulty level is strenuous challenging thus mountaineers should know details of Chulu east peak climbing information before heading to the relevant areas. EEN generate its itinerary as below mentioned but trip plan may change or extend as per travelers wish and holiday schedule.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees