Dudhkunda Cultural Trail Trekking
Overview The Dudhkunda Cultural Trail Trekking is an enchanting journey through the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal, offering a unique blend of cultural immersion and mesmerizing Himalayan vistas. This moderate trek typically spans 10 to 14 days, starting and ending in Phaplu or Salleri, which can be reached by a short domestic flight or a long drive from Kathmandu. As trekkers traverse the trail, they gets treatment to an authentic experience of the local Sherpa and Rai communities' lifestyles and customs. The journey winds through traditional villages, providing opportunities to interact with friendly locals and witness their age-old rituals and…
- Cultural Experience: The trek takes you through the Solu region of Nepal, where you can experience the culture and traditions of the Rai and Sherpa communities. You will have the opportunity to interact with the local people, visit monasteries and temples, and learn about their way of life.
- Scenic Beauty: The trek offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains, including Everest, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga. You will trek through beautiful forests, traditional villages, and high mountain passes, and reach the sacred Dudhkunda Lake, which is surrounded by snow-capped peaks.
- Wildlife: The Solu region is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including musk deer, Himalayan thar, and various bird species. You may also have the chance to spot the elusive snow leopard if you are lucky.
- Moderate Trek: The trek is considered moderate in difficulty and can be completed in around 12 days. It is a great option for those who want to experience the beauty of the Himalayas without undertaking a strenuous trek.
- Off-the-beaten-path: The Dudhkunda Cultural Trail Trek is a newly developed trekking trail, which means that it is less crowded than some of the more popular trekking routes in Nepal. This makes it a great option for those who want to experience a more remote and authentic side of Nepal.
see The local Market in Salieri and visit local Monasteries visit Chewang Monastery [4 hrs.] walking From Salieri Phaplu [30 min. walking]. [Phaplu/Salieri Teahouse/Tea-shop/Lodges]
observe Sherpa culture. Visit Monasteries. [Junbesi, Lodges,camping]
Trekking From Junbesi Thuptenchholing Shengeephuk 7/8 HR. Observe wildlife and vegetation on The way. Visit Thuptenchholing Monastery. Observe Traditional Tibetan Medicinal There pry at Thuptenchholing.visit Phunmoche Monastery and Meditation cave.[Shengeephuk,camping]
Trekking From Shengeephuk.Basa Khola.Beni 8/9 hrs.walk Through Alpine Forest. Experience wilderness in Beautiful landscape.observe closer view Mountains.[Beni,camping]
see Mountain Glacir,lake Dudkunda and The Mountains closely.walk around and Tour The area, observe Fair if you are There at Janai Purnima in August. See Migratory Aquatic Birds During Rainy season.[Dudkunda,camping]
observe Sherpa culture on the way. See Animal Herding on The Himalayan pastures. Expprience wilderness and Beautifull landscape.watch Sherpa cultural show at Ringmo and on Request in Takshindu.Takshindu/Ringmo camping,Lodges,Tea-shop]
Visit local Monastery at Takshindu take village Tour and observe Sherpa culture.Takshindu Tea-shop,camping]
walk Through Mixed Alpine Forest. Expprience wildlife and Birdwatching. See Sherpa settlement.see wildlife and vegetation. Watch cultural show which will be performed on Request. [Phaplu camping,lodges,tea-shop,Resort]
Phaplu-Kathmandu-Flying From Phplu-Kathmandu 35 Min. [Kathmandu]
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) basis during the trek
5. 4 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) and Pokhara.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head by Private Transport.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
14. Welcome dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Map, T-shirt, Trekking certificate.
16. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
17. All Government and local Taxes
18. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
19. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket of Lukla, Jomsom, Pokhara etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
the Dudhkunda Cultural Trails Trekking Trip is a popular trekking route in the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal. This trek offers a unique combination of cultural exploration and stunning Himalayan scenery. Here is some essential information about the trek:
- Location: The Dudhkunda Cultural Trails Trek is located in the Solu Khumbu region of eastern Nepal. The trek usually starts and ends in the town of Phaplu or Salleri, which can be reached by a short domestic flight from Kathmandu or by a long drive.
- Duration: The trek’s duration can vary depending on the starting point and itinerary, but it typically takes around 10 to 14 days to complete. The duration can be adjusted to suit your preferences and time constraints.
- Trek Difficulty: The Dudhkunda Cultural Trails Trek is considered a moderate trek, suitable for most physically fit individuals. However, it involves walking through hilly terrain, so some level of fitness and acclimatization is necessary.
- Cultural Highlights: One of the main attractions of this trek is the opportunity to experience the unique culture and lifestyle of the local Sherpa and Rai communities. Along the way, you will pass through several traditional villages, interact with the friendly locals, and witness their traditional customs and rituals.
- Scenery: The trail offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks, including Mount Everest, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga, among others. You will also pass through beautiful rhododendron and pine forests, serene lakes, and picturesque landscapes.
- Accommodation: During the trek, you’ll find teahouses and lodges in most of the villages along the trail. These teahouses provide basic but comfortable accommodation and serve meals. Keep in mind that the quality of facilities may vary from place to place.
- Permits: As with most treks in Nepal, you will need two permits to complete the Dudhkunda Cultural Trails Trek: the TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card and the Sagarmatha National Park entry permit.
- Best Time to Trek: The ideal time to undertake this trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. During these months, the weather is generally favorable, and the skies are clear, providing the best views of the mountains and landscapes.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees