Everest Helicopter Tour
Introduction An Everest Helicopter Tour is a thrilling and awe-inspiring adventure that offers a unique and unforgettable perspective of the world's tallest peak - Mount Everest. Lasting approximately 3 to 4 hours, this extraordinary journey is also perfect for those seeking to witness the majesty of the Himalayas without the physical demands of a lengthy trek. The tour typically commences from Kathmandu, Nepal's bustling capital, where participants are briefed on safety protocols and given a sneak peek of the breathtaking sights awaiting them. As the helicopter ascends, the landscapes transition from lush valleys to snow-capped mountains, gradually revealing the astounding…
An Everest Helicopter Tour is a thrilling and awe-inspiring adventure that offers a unique and unforgettable perspective of the world’s tallest peak – Mount Everest. Lasting approximately 3 to 4 hours, this extraordinary journey is also perfect for those seeking to witness the majesty of the Himalayas without the physical demands of a lengthy trek.
The tour typically commences from Kathmandu, Nepal’s bustling capital, where participants are briefed on safety protocols and given a sneak peek of the breathtaking sights awaiting them. As the helicopter ascends, the landscapes transition from lush valleys to snow-capped mountains, gradually revealing the astounding grandeur of the Himalayan range.
En route to Mount Everest, the helicopter soars above iconic landmarks like the Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar, renowned for its vibrant culture and welcoming locals. The stunning vistas of Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Nuptse leave passengers mesmerized, offering a glimpse of the challenges faced by mountaineers who attempt to conquer these formidable peaks.
Everest Helicopter Tour: A Majestic Aerial Odyssey
Approaching Everest Base Camp, the helicopter hovers precariously over the Khumbu Glacier, allowing passengers to marvel at the treacherous terrain that climbers navigate during expeditions. The pilot also skillfully maneuvers the helicopter for the best possible vantage points, ensuring passengers capture the perfect photographs of this unparalleled natural wonder.
The crowning moment of the tour comes as Mount Everest comes into view. Standing at a jaw-dropping 8,848 meters (29,029 feet), the world’s highest mountain captivates with its sheer size and presence. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the majestic summit without enduring the physical and logistical challenges faced by mountaineers during lengthy treks.
The Everest Helicopter Tour is a surreal experience that leaves participants with an indelible memory of this awe-inspiring region. It caters to adventure enthusiasts, families, and time-constrained travelers who wish to behold the beauty of Everest and its surrounding peaks. The tour also contributes to local communities as it supports tourism in the region, providing employment opportunities for the Sherpa community and boosting the local economy.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Everest Helicopter Tour promises a thrilling adventure, allowing participants to witness the unparalleled beauty of the Himalayas, including the majestic Mount Everest, in a convenient and time-efficient manner. It is an experience that leaves a lasting impression and offers a deeper appreciation for the natural wonders that grace our planet.
The Everest Helicopter Tour is an exceptional adventure that offers several highlights, making it a truly unforgettable experience. Some of the key highlights of the tour include:
- Spectacular Aerial Views: The helicopter ride provides breathtaking aerial views of the entire Himalayan range, including Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, and many other majestic peaks. The panoramic vistas from the helicopter’s vantage point are simply awe-inspiring and offer a unique perspective of these towering giants.
- Close-up View of Mount Everest: The tour offers a rare opportunity to witness Mount Everest up close without having to undertake a physically demanding trek to Everest Base Camp. The sheer magnitude and beauty of the world’s highest peak are beyond description, leaving participants in awe of its grandeur.
- Visiting Everest Base Camp: The helicopter tour takes participants close to Everest Base Camp, allowing them to hover over the area and observe the mountaineers’ base of operations during their ascent. It offers an insight into the challenges and excitement faced by climbers as they prepare to conquer the formidable peak.
- Namche Bazaar: On the way to Everest, the helicopter stops at Namche Bazaar, a lively Sherpa village nestled in the heart of the Himalayas. This picturesque stopover provides a glimpse into the Sherpa culture, warm hospitality, and an opportunity to interact with the local community.
- Time-efficient Adventure: The helicopter tour is a time-saving alternative for travelers with limited schedules or physical constraints. Within a few hours, participants can experience the beauty and grandeur of Everest and the Himalayas, making it an ideal option for those seeking a thrilling adventure without a lengthy trek.
- Expert Pilots and Safety: The tour is conducted by experienced and highly trained pilots who ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers throughout the journey. Their expertise and knowledge of the region add to the overall enjoyment of the trip.
- Photography Opportunities: The tour provides countless opportunities for photography enthusiasts to capture stunning shots of the Himalayan landscape, including Everest and other iconic peaks, from unique perspectives only accessible by helicopter.
- Environmental Impact: Unlike trekking routes, the helicopter tour minimizes environmental impact, contributing to sustainable tourism in the region while preserving the delicate Himalayan ecosystem.
- Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: For many, witnessing Mount Everest and the Himalayas from the air is a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true. The tour leaves participants with cherished memories and a deep appreciation for the natural wonders of the world.
After landing at the Tribhuwan International Airport, we will be greeted by a representative of Everest Expeditions Nepal who will drop us off at our hotel. We then check-in at the hotel, freshen up and take a rest. In the evening a welcome dinner will be hosted by Friendship World Trek. Overnight in Kathmandu.
In Kathmandu, we tour Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath stupa and Bouddhanath stupa which are all world heritage sites. Pashupatinath temple is one of the most important places of pilgrimage for all Hindus. Swayambhunath is also known as the Monkey Temple and Baudhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world. We also visit the Patan Durbar Square which is another World Heritage Site. The square is reminiscent of medieval Kathmandu with beautiful courtyards, temples and shrines noted for their exquisite architecture and delicate carving. We also tour the Patan museum while we are in Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu.
We leave our hotel and travel to the airport at six in the morning. After around an hour, we reach the base camp of Mt. Everest. Our next stop is Kalapathhar where we stop for around ten minutes to admire the mighty Himalayas and Everest in particular. The helicopter will then take us to the beautiful Gokyo Lake. We stop there for a few minutes and admire its view up-close. Next, we fly back to Kathmandu. In the evening, there will be a farewell dinner hosted by Himalayan Glacier to share our experiences of the amazing Everest Helicopter Tour.
Our Everest Helicopter Tour in Nepal ends today. A Everest Expeditions Nepal representative will drop us off at the Tribhuwan International Airport a few hours before the scheduled flight.
Not really satisfied with this itinerary ? Make your own CUSTOMIZE IT !
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Everest Expeditions Nepal. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
- Charter for up to 5 pax depending on the weight
- Helicopter fare as per flight sector
- Company service charges including government taxes
- Emergency oxygen and a comprehensive first aid kit
- Passenger insurance
- Personal expenses (extra meals and clothing)
- National Park Fee
- Airport Tax (USD 2)
- Breakfast cost at Syangboche or Kongde
- Everything else apart from “The tour includes” above
Everest Helicopter Tour is a short 4-day tour which begins and ends in Kathmandu. We begin our short trip in Nepal by visiting Kathmandu’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Everest Helicopter Tour is on the third day of our trip. We begin the day with a helicopter ride to the Everest Base Camp which is an immense achievement in itself. Our next stop is Kalapathhar which is the best viewpoint to admire the rare and up-close beauty of the mighty Himalayas including Everest. After spending some time at Kalapathhar, we fly to Gokyo Lakes which are a set of six lakes that form the world’s highest freshwater lake system. We land near the third lake which is referred to as ‘the Gokyo Lake’ and admire its tranquil beauty. We then fly back to Kathmandu and end our Everest heli tour in Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Patan
Day 03: Helicopter tour
Day 04: Final departure
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees