Ghandruk Ghorepani Trek
Overview The Ghandruk Ghorepani Trek is a breathtaking journey through the picturesque landscapes of the Annapurna region in Nepal. This iconic trek is an ideal choice for both seasoned trekkers and novices seeking a memorable adventure amidst the majestic Himalayan peaks. Starting from the charming village of Ghandruk, the trail winds through lush rhododendron forests, terraced fields, and traditional settlements, offering an authentic glimpse into the rich culture and warm hospitality of the local Gurung and Magar communities. The trek gradually ascends, taking you to Ghorepani, a tranquil village perched at an elevation of about 2,860 meters. The highlight of…
The Ghandruk Ghorepani Trek is a breathtaking journey through the picturesque landscapes of the Annapurna region in Nepal. This iconic trek is an ideal choice for both seasoned trekkers and novices seeking a memorable adventure amidst the majestic Himalayan peaks.
Starting from the charming village of Ghandruk, the trail winds through lush rhododendron forests, terraced fields, and traditional settlements, offering an authentic glimpse into the rich culture and warm hospitality of the local Gurung and Magar communities.
The trek gradually ascends, taking you to Ghorepani, a tranquil village perched at an elevation of about 2,860 meters. The highlight of this trek is undoubtedly the sunrise excursion to Poon Hill (3,210 meters), which rewards trekkers with a panoramic spectacle of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges, awash with golden hues. The view from Poon Hill is a photographer’s dream and a truly unforgettable moment for everyone who witnesses it.
As you continue the journey, the trail leads through rhododendron forests ablaze with colors during the spring season. Each step offers incredible vistas of the snow-capped peaks, making the trek an absolute delight for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
The trail passes through charming villages like Tadapani and Chhomrong, offering ample opportunities to interact with the friendly locals and savor traditional Nepali cuisine. Moreover, the route offers chances to encounter diverse wildlife, including langurs, Himalayan pheasants, and maybe even the elusive red panda.
The trek culminates in a visit to Jhinu Danda, where you can relax in natural hot springs, soothing your muscles after days of trekking. From here, you will make your way back to Nayapul, and finally to Pokhara, where you can reflect on the incredible experiences and memories you’ve gathered along this journey.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Ghandruk Ghorepani Trek is an awe-inspiring trek that showcases the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayas, combined with the cultural richness of the region. With its moderate difficulty level and the chance to witness stunning sunrise views from Poon Hill, this trek is a must-do for those seeking an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the Nepalese mountains.
- 12 days private guided trek to lower and easiest trail of Annapurna region
- Witness the beautiful sunrise view from Poon Hill and enjoy outstanding Himalayan panorama including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and Manaslu Himalayan ranges. Some of the most beautiful peaks Fishtail (6993m), Annapurna South (7219m), Himchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna I (8091m), giant Dhaulagiri (8167m) and many more.
- Observe the culture of Gurung and Magar communities and their traditional hill terraced farmland.
- Enjoy the beauty of rhododendron blooming throughout the trail (during March/April)
- Enjoy snow to play in winter months and until early spring season.
- Explore the world heritage cultural sites of Kathmandu valley
After breakfast, we will take a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Nayapul. From Nayapul, we will start trekking towards Tikhedhunga. The trail passes through beautiful villages and lush forests. We will spend the night at a tea house in Tikhedhunga.
After breakfast, we will begin trekking towards Ghorepani. The trail includes a steep climb up to Ulleri, which is known for its beautiful views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. We will spend the night at a tea house in Ghorepani.
Early in the morning, we will hike to Poon Hill to catch the sunrise over the mountains. Poon Hill is one of the best viewpoints in the region, offering panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. After spending some time at Poon Hill, we will return to Ghorepani and continue our trek to Tadapani. We will spend the night at a tea house in Tadapani.
Today, we will trek through beautiful forests of rhododendron and oak to reach Ghandruk, a charming Gurung village known for its traditional architecture and cultural richness. We will spend the night at a tea house in Ghandruk.
After breakfast, we will trek downhill to Nayapul. From Nayapul, we will take a private vehicle back to Pokhara, where we will spend the night. In the evening, you can explore the lakeside area of Pokhara.
After breakfast, we will drive back to Kathmandu. Upon reaching Kathmandu, you can spend the day exploring the city or shopping for souvenirs.
Our representative will transfer you to the airport for your departure flight.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees