Gokyo Ri Heli Tour
Gokyo Ri Heli Tour The Gokyo Ri Heli tour is an exhilarating and awe-inspiring adventure in the Everest region of Nepal. It provides a unique opportunity to witness the majestic Himalayan peaks, including the legendary Mount Everest, from the comfort of a helicopter. Beautiful Scenery for Gokyo Ri Heli Tour The tour begins either from Kathmandu or Lukla, depending on the package you choose. The helicopter takes off, soaring through the skies, offering panoramic views of the beautiful landscape below. As you venture deeper into the Everest region, the snow-capped peaks of Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and others come into…
Gokyo Ri Heli Tour
The Gokyo Ri Heli tour is an exhilarating and awe-inspiring adventure in the Everest region of Nepal. It provides a unique opportunity to witness the majestic Himalayan peaks, including the legendary Mount Everest, from the comfort of a helicopter.
Beautiful Scenery for Gokyo Ri Heli Tour
The tour begins either from Kathmandu or Lukla, depending on the package you choose. The helicopter takes off, soaring through the skies, offering panoramic views of the beautiful landscape below. As you venture deeper into the Everest region, the snow-capped peaks of Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and others come into view, creating an awe-inspiring sight.
Gokyo Lakes Tour
One of the main highlights of this tour is the mesmerizing Gokyo Lakes. The helicopter flies over the stunning turquoise lakes nestled amidst the mountains. The lakes, known for their pristine beauty, reflect the surrounding peaks, creating a magical atmosphere. This unique aerial perspective allows you to appreciate the sheer magnitude of nature’s grandeur.
Gokyo Ri and Valley Tour
The helicopter then lands at Gokyo Ri, a vantage point located at an altitude of 5,357 meters. From here, you are greeted with a breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayas. The towering Mount Everest stands majestically, captivating your senses. The Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal, stretches out before you, showcasing the power and resilience of nature.
During the tour, you may have the option to embark on a short trek in the Gokyo Valley, allowing you to explore the surrounding area and get closer to the mountains. This adds an element of adventure and immersion into the experience.
Best Time to Visit for Gokyo Ri Heli Tour
It’s important to note that weather conditions play a crucial role in the feasibility of the tour. Clear skies and favorable weather are essential for safe flying conditions and optimal visibility. Therefore, it’s advisable to plan your trip during the best weather season to enhance your chances of a successful and memorable experience.
Conclusion and Summary
The Gokyo Ri Heli tour offers a unique perspective of the Everest region, allowing you to witness the grandeur of the Himalayas in a short amount of time. It is an ideal option for those who have limited time or physical constraints but still want to experience the magnificence of the Everest region.
- A safe and instant online booking system
- No credit card charges on booking amount
- Last-minute booking services
- Guaranteed helicopter flight throughout the year
- Trip postponement and cancellation services based on the company’s policy
- Fly over the cities, high mountains, hills, rivers and so on
- Easy and luxurious flight with an amazing window view
- Comfortable ride as a helicopter carries only 5 to 6 people at a time
- The sight of Gokyo Valley alongside its lakes – Gokyo Lakes
- Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lakes Helicopter Trek is ideal for those who want to visit the Everest Region but are not able to do so because of a tight schedule or have problems walking beyond the 4,000 meters mark. The trek ends at Namche (3,440m) and lasts for just 3 days.
- Heli tour over Gokyo Lakes- the world’s highest freshwater lake system and Mount Everest- the world’s highest mountain. Brief stopover (5-10 minutes) at Kala Patthar (5,550m) and Gokyo.
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. Trek through charming Sherpa settlements & experience Sherpa culture.
- Get close to the world’s tallest peak, Mount Everest
- Aerial views of Mount Everest (8,848m) and other 8,000m and 7,000m Himalayan peak.
After landing at the Tribhuwan International Airport, we will be greeted by a representative of Everst Expeditions Nepal who will drop us off at our hotel. We then check-in at the hotel, freshen up and take a rest. In the evening a welcome dinner will be hosted by Everst Expeditions Nepal. Overnight in Kathmandu.
In Kathmandu, we tour Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath stupa and Bouddhanath stupa which are all world heritage sites. Pashupatinath temple is one of the most important places of pilgrimage for all Hindus. Swayambhunath is also known as the Monkey Temple and Baudhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world. We also visit the Patan Durbar Square which is another World Heritage Site. The square is reminiscent of medieval Kathmandu with beautiful courtyards, temples and shrines noted for their exquisite architecture and delicate carving. We also tour the Patan museum while we are in Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu.
We take an early morning regular flight to Lukla by a Twin Otter plane which is where all Everest treks begin. We meet the rest of our team in Lukla and start trekking from there. We walk on a trail that gradually descends to Cheplung village from where we get a glimpse of Mt. Khumbila, a sacred mountain which has never been climbed. From here, we gradually descend until Phakding. Overnight in Phakding.
Our trail passes through a pine forest and we continue our walk on the trail that goes north up the Benkar valley. We cross Dudh Koshi River and pass Chumoa and Monjo villages before reaching the entrance of the Everest National Park. After entering the park, we ascend on a steep trail with incredible views. Ascending further, we reach Namche Bazaar which is the biggest town in the Everest region. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Spending one more day in Namche Bazaar will help us get used to the high altitude and thinning oxygen in the air. We tour the primary town of the Everest or Khumbu region which has government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful market. We can hike-up to Sagarmatha National Park and enjoy the sunrise over the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on. If we are interested in a day hike, we can trek to Khumjung village. Today we also visit the Hillary School and a monastery which houses a yeti scalp! Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Today is the most exciting part of our journey. We begin our heli tour of Everest and the Himalayas after breakfast. We begin our Himalayan sightseeing on a helicopter from Namche Bazaar. The helicopter or chopper will also take us to the Everest base camp along with Gokyo Lakes and Kalapathhar. We stop at Kalapathhar and Gokyo Lakes. From Kalapathhar, we gaze at the mighty Himalayas including Everest. In Gokyo, the pristine emerald-colored Gokyo lakes are ours to admire. Additionally, we also get to see the beautiful Khumbu Valley, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall region, on our heli tour. The tour ends in Lukla where we spend the night.
We take an early morning regular flight to Kathmandu. After reaching Kathmandu, we can take the much-needed rest. If there is a place we feel like visiting before our trip back home tomorrow, we can do that as well. There will be a farewell dinner in the evening to celebrate the successful completion of our journey. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Our adventure in Nepal ends today. Everest Expeditions Nepal representative will drop us off at the Tribhuwan International Airport a few hours before the scheduled flight.
Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
Licensed and trained trekking guides,
potters for carrying goods and supplies,
Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) basis during the trek
3 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed & Breakfast) on Twin Sharing Basis.
All accommodation during the trek on sharing Basis.
All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
Transportation to and from trail head by Private and Sharing Transport from Kathmandu to Ramechap to Kathmandu to Ramechap)
All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
Trekking staffs wages etc.
Welcome dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
All Government and local Taxes
International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
Domestic Flights from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu
Domestic Flights for Trekking Guide.
Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in domestic flights.
Airport Departure Taxes.
Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
Tips for The staffs.
Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
Meals during stay in the Kathmandu
Extra Domestic Ticket of Jomsom, Pokhara etc.
Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Gokyo Ri Heli tour is a thrilling and scenic adventure in the Everest region of Nepal. It offers breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayan peaks, including Mount Everest, from a helicopter. Here is some information about the Gokyo Ri Heli tour:
- Location: Gokyo Ri is situated in the Khumbu region of Nepal, which is part of the Sagarmatha National Park and Everest region. It is located at an altitude of 5,357 meters (17,575 feet) above sea level.
- Duration: The duration of the Gokyo Ri Heli tour can vary depending on the package you choose. Typically, it takes around 3 to 4 hours, including the flight time and some time for exploration.
- Highlights: The Gokyo Ri Heli tour offers several highlights, including:
- Aerial view of the stunning Himalayan peaks, including Mount Everest (8,848 meters), Lhotse (8,516 meters), Makalu (8,481 meters), Cho Oyu (8,201 meters), and others.
- Gokyo Lakes: The tour takes you over the beautiful Gokyo Lakes, a series of glacial lakes located in the Gokyo Valley. These lakes are known for their stunning turquoise color and are surrounded by snow-capped peaks.
- Gokyo Ri Summit: The helicopter lands at Gokyo Ri, which provides a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains and the Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal.
- Helicopter Flight: You will board a helicopter from Kathmandu or Lukla, depending on the package you choose. The helicopter flight will take you on a scenic journey through the Everest region, offering spectacular views of the Himalayas.
- Trekking Option: Some packages may include a short trekking component. You may have the opportunity to explore the Gokyo Valley on foot and hike to Gokyo Ri for a closer view of the mountains before returning to the helicopter for the flight back.
- Weather Considerations: Weather conditions play a crucial role in the feasibility of the Gokyo Ri Heli tour. It is essential to choose a clear and favorable weather window to ensure safe flying conditions and optimal visibility.
- Cost: The cost of the Gokyo Ri Heli tour can vary depending on the package, duration, inclusions, and the number of participants. It is recommended to check with local tour operators or travel agencies in Nepal to get accurate pricing information.
Before embarking on the Gokyo Ri Heli tour, it is advisable to consult with a local travel agency or tour operator to get detailed information about the current offerings, availability, safety measures, and any specific requirements. They can also assist you with permits, transportation, and other logistics to make your trip a memorable experience.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees