Arun to Hungku valley trek (Camping trek) Our adventure begins with a flight to the small airstrip on fixed wings or Helicopter at Tumlingtar. From here we descend to the deep gorge of the beautiful Arun Valley. The Arun Valley is lush, green oasis, rich in bird life and these first few days provide a fascinating contrast to high mountain scape as we approach Mera. Our route to the Mera La will take us through thick rhododendron and bamboo forest separating the Hongu and Hunku Valleys. On the trail to Panch Pokhari you will come across a beautiful Sherpa Village…
Arun to Hungku valley trek (Camping trek)
Our adventure begins with a flight to the small airstrip on fixed wings or Helicopter at Tumlingtar. From here we descend to the deep gorge of the beautiful Arun Valley. The Arun Valley is lush, green oasis, rich in bird life and these first few days provide a fascinating contrast to high mountain scape as we approach Mera. Our route to the Mera La will take us through thick rhododendron and bamboo forest separating the Hongu and Hunku Valleys. On the trail to Panch Pokhari you will come across a beautiful Sherpa Village and Kirong La Monastery From Panch Pokhari you will descend to Hunkku River, a complete wilderness trail. The views alongs this section are superb. Towards the east we can see the Kanchenjunga and Jannu. To the north, to the views of Hunku and Hongu dominate. The trail continues to Thagnag (4366m), from here we move to khare (5108m) where we establish the base camp at the foot of the glacier leading to the Mera La (5415m). Here we have a number of days to rest, explore and acclimatize .Our return route will take us south, down to the Hunku Drangka before turning west to cross the Zatrawa La to the mountain airstrip at Lukla. From here we will fly back to Kathmandu the following day to a spectacular end.
Itinerary for Makalu to Ama lapcha-La (Camping Trek)
Day (1) Arrival –to- Kathmandu and pickup/ drive to Hotel,
Day (2) Kathmandu, Kathmandu Sight seeing.
Day (3) Kathmandu –to- Flying Tumling tar one hour and camp at (937m.)
Day (4) Tumling tar -to- Manebhanjyng, 6 hours walk and about (1250m.)
Day (5) Manebhanjyang –to-Chichila 6 hours walk about (2000m.)
Day (6) Chichila -to-Num 6 hours walk (1850m.)
Day (7) Num -to-Sheduwa 6 hours walk about (1650m.)
Day (8) Sheduwa -to- Tashigau 5 hours walk (2000m.)
Day (9) Tashigau -to- Khongma 6 hours walk (2950m.)
Day (10) Khongma -to- Dobate 7 hours walk kekela, Shiptonla4127m.andTutula4075m. Pass and about 3250m. Camp.
Day (11) Dobate -to- Yangri kharka 5 ½ hours walk.
Day (12) Yangrikharka -to- Sher shong 6 ½ hours walk (4650m.)
Day (13) Shersung -to- Italy Bc. 5 hours walk.
Day (14) Rest day for accimatizetions.
Day (15) Italy b.c. –to- Dhar camp 6 hours walk.
Day (16) Dhar camp -to- Sherpeni high camp 5 hours walk.
Day (17) Sherpeni Col high camp Rest day.
Day (18) Sherpeni col high camp to sherpeni col pass 5800m. and west cold camp at 6165m. about 8 hours walk.
Day (19) west col to Baruntse Bc. About 8 hours walk and pass.
Day (20) Barunche Bc. To Pachpokhari 6 hours walk.
Day (21) Pachpokhari to Ama lapcha pass 5800m. And other side camp pass and walk bout 9 hours.
Day (22) Ice land peak bc.about 5 hours walk.
Day (23) High Camp.4 hours.
Day (24) Climbing the peak and back to Bc.8/9 hours walk.
Day (25) Chhukung 5 hours walk.
Day (26) Chhukung ri arlimorning for view and Dingbuche 6 hours walk.
Day (27) Tengbuche 6 hours walk.
Day (28) Namche bazaar 5 hours.
Day (29) Lukla 7 hours
Day (30) Kathmandu. Morning flight 30 minut and Rest day after noon.
Day (31) Your Dipature Trans port to Air port.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Flight Ticket Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.