Kailash Highway Tour
Kailash Highway Tour Overview The Kailash Highway Tour is also an exhilarating and spiritually significant journey that takes you through breathtaking landscapes and sacred sites in the Himalayas. Spanning across Tibet and Nepal, this epic adventure offers a blend of natural wonders, cultural encounters, and a chance to visit the revered Mount Kailash, which holds great religious significance for Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and Bon practitioners. The journey typically begins in Kathmandu, Nepal's capital, where travelers embark on a scenic drive to the Tibet border through the Langtang National Park. This park also treats you to stunning views of snow-capped peaks,…
Kailash Highway Tour Overview
The Kailash Highway Tour is also an exhilarating and spiritually significant journey that takes you through breathtaking landscapes and sacred sites in the Himalayas. Spanning across Tibet and Nepal, this epic adventure offers a blend of natural wonders, cultural encounters, and a chance to visit the revered Mount Kailash, which holds great religious significance for Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and Bon practitioners.
The journey typically begins in Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital, where travelers embark on a scenic drive to the Tibet border through the Langtang National Park. This park also treats you to stunning views of snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and diverse flora and fauna. Crossing the border, the road trip commences along the Kailash Mansarovar Highway, one of the world’s highest motorable roads.
Along the way, you will also encounter picturesque Tibetan towns like Nyalam and Saga, where you can immerse yourself in local culture, savor authentic Tibetan cuisine, and interact with friendly locals. The landscape morphs into a stark high-altitude desert, featuring vast plains, serene lakes, and the awe-inspiring Himalayan ranges, including Shishapangma and Mount Everest.
The highlight of the journey is the spiritual and challenging trek around Mount Kailash, known as the Kailash Parikrama. This 3-day trek is considered a pilgrimage of a lifetime, offering a profound sense of accomplishment as you circumambulate the sacred peak. At its base lies Lake Mansarovar, believed to cleanse the soul of all sins and offer spiritual rejuvenation.
Throughout the tour, experienced guides share captivating stories and legends associated with the places you visit, enhancing your understanding of the region’s rich cultural and religious heritage. The trip culminates as you cross back into Nepal, where you can visit the ancient city of Kathmandu once again, and reflect on the transformative journey you’ve undertaken.
Conclusion and Summary
The Kailash Highway Tour also promises an unforgettable adventure, fusing natural beauty with spiritual insights. It offers travelers an opportunity to explore the stunning Himalayan region, delve into ancient cultures, and experience a sense of reverence and wonder in the face of Mount Kailash’s majestic presence. Whether you seek adventure, cultural exploration, or spiritual awakening, this journey will leave an indelible mark on your soul.
A Kailash Highway Tour Trip is a once-in-a-lifetime journey that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural significance, and spiritual experience. Some of the highlights of the trip include:
- Mount Kailash: The highlight of the trip is the Kailash Parikrama, which is the trek around Mount Kailash. Mount Kailash is considered sacred by four religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon. The trek around Mount Kailash is a challenging but rewarding experience that offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains, pristine lakes, and unique landscapes.
- Lake Mansarovar: Lake Mansarovar is one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world and is considered sacred by Hindus and Buddhists. Taking a holy dip in the lake is believed to cleanse one’s sins and grant spiritual enlightenment.
- Cultural Experience: The trip also offers an opportunity to explore the unique culture and traditions of Tibet. You will visit ancient temples, monasteries, and other cultural sites that are steeped in history and religious significance.
- High-altitude landscapes: The trip takes you through some of the highest altitudes in the world, where you can witness unique landscapes, including vast plains, rugged mountains, and barren deserts. The scenery is breathtaking and offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Spiritual Awakening: The Kailash Highway Tour Trip is more than just a trek. It is a spiritual journey that can awaken your inner self and connect you with your spirituality. The trip offers a chance to meditate, reflect, and connect with your inner self, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
You will arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal, where you will be greeted by the tour operator’s representative and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure, and you can explore the city on your own.
On this day, you will go for a half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu. You will visit famous temples and monuments, including Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath. In the afternoon, you will attend a briefing about the trip and meet your fellow travelers.
On this day, you will leave Kathmandu and cross the Nepal-Tibet border at Kodari. You will then drive to Nyalam, which is the first stop in Tibet. You will spend the night in a guesthouse.
This day is for acclimatization to the high altitude of Tibet. You can take a short walk around Nyalam or rest at the guesthouse. Your tour operator will provide you with oxygen cylinders and other necessary equipment for the high-altitude regions.
You will drive from Nyalam to Saga, which is a small town in the middle of the Tibetan plateau. You will cross several high passes, including Lalung La (5050 m) and Paiku Tso Lake. You will spend the night in a guesthouse.
On this day, you will drive from Saga to Lake Mansarovar, which is one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world. You will take a holy bath in the lake and perform a puja (worship) ceremony. You will spend the night in a guesthouse near the lake.
You will drive from Lake Mansarovar to Darchen, which is the base camp for Mount Kailash. Darchen is a small town located at the foot of Mount Kailash. You will spend the night in a guesthouse.
This is the first day of the Kailash Parikrama (circumambulation) around Mount Kailash. You will drive to Yamdwar and start your trek to Diraphuk. You will walk for approximately 6-7 hours and spend the night in a guesthouse.
On this day, you will cross Dolma La Pass (5600 m), which is the highest point of the trek. You will trek for approximately 10-12 hours and reach Zuthulphuk, where you will spend the night in a guesthouse.
On this day, you will complete the Kailash Parikrama and drive back to Saga. You will spend the night in a guesthouse.
You will drive from Saga to Nyalam and spend the night in a guesthouse.
On the last day of the trip, you will drive back to Kathmandu and spend the night in a Hotel.
- Accommodation in hotels or guesthouses as per the itinerary
- All necessary permits and documentation for the trip
- Transportation by private vehicle or bus as per the itinerary
- Meals during the trip (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- English-speaking guide services
- Support staff, including cooks and porters
- Oxygen cylinders and other necessary medical equipment for high-altitude regions
- Sightseeing and entrance fees to monuments, temples, and other places of interest as per the itinerary
- Airfare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees and expenses for obtaining a visa to enter Tibet/China
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, and alcoholic beverages
- Any additional expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters, political unrest, or flight cancellations.
If you are referring to the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, it is a religious pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar located in the remote western region of Tibet. This trip is considered sacred in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon religions.
The journey to Kailash Mansarovar involves traveling through rugged and mountainous terrain, often at high altitudes. Most visitors typically fly into Kathmandu, Nepal, and then travel overland through Tibet to reach the sacred sites.
The trip can be physically demanding, and visitors need to be in good health to undertake the journey. It is recommended that visitors undergo a medical check-up and get clearance from their doctors before embarking on the trip.
Several tour operators offer Kailash Mansarovar Yatra packages, which typically include transportation, accommodation, meals, and guided tours. It is advisable to book with a reputable tour operator and obtain all necessary permits and documentation before embarking on the trip.
Please note that due to the remote location and challenging terrain, the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is subject to weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. It is always advisable to check with the tour operator for any updates and changes to the itinerary.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees