Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek
Overview The Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek offers an unforgettable journey through the breathtaking landscapes and cultural treasures of Nepal. This trek combines the beauty of the Kathmandu Valley with the iconic trails of the Gorepani region, providing a diverse and enriching experience for adventurers of all levels. Starting in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, the trek begins with a visit to ancient temples, bustling markets, and historic sites that showcase the country's rich heritage. The valley's unique blend of Hindu and Buddhist traditions offers a glimpse into Nepal's spiritual and cultural diversity. After exploring the valley, the trek takes…
The Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek offers an unforgettable journey through the breathtaking landscapes and cultural treasures of Nepal. This trek combines the beauty of the Kathmandu Valley with the iconic trails of the Gorepani region, providing a diverse and enriching experience for adventurers of all levels.
Starting in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, the trek begins with a visit to ancient temples, bustling markets, and historic sites that showcase the country’s rich heritage. The valley’s unique blend of Hindu and Buddhist traditions offers a glimpse into Nepal’s spiritual and cultural diversity.
After exploring the valley, the trek takes you to the enchanting town of Pokhara, where the majestic Annapurna range also serves as a stunning backdrop. From here, the real adventure begins as you head towards Gorepani. The trail winds through dense forests, terraced fields, and charming villages, allowing you to witness the traditional lifestyle of the local communities.
Awe-Inspiring Sunrise and Warm Hospitality: The Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek
The highlight of the trek is the early morning hike to Poon Hill, a vantage point also renowned for its panoramic sunrise views over the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges. The sight of the sun painting the Himalayan peaks in hues of orange and pink is truly awe-inspiring and an experience to cherish forever.
Throughout the journey, you’ll also have the opportunity to interact with the warm-hearted locals, learn about their customs, and enjoy their hospitality. Teahouses along the way offer a cozy place to rest and refuel, serving local delicacies that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
The Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek is a moderate-level trek, making it accessible to both seasoned trekkers and first-time adventurers. The trip typically takes around 10-14 days, depending on the itinerary and acclimatization needs. It’s recommended to undertake this trek during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons when the weather is pleasant and the views are clear.
Conclusion and Summary
This trek is not just about conquering peaks; it’s a journey of self-discovery, connecting with nature, and embracing the true spirit of Nepal. Whether you are a nature lover, a cultural enthusiast, or an adventure seeker, the Kathmandu Valley Gorepani Trek promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
- Best Sunrise and Himalayas View, Poonhill 3210m
- One of the Biggest Ghandruk Gurung village and Ulleri Magar Village
- Scenic View of Dhaulagiri (8167M,) Manaslu (8163m,) and Annapurna I (8091m) and others Himalayas.
- Small villages Birethati, Hile, Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani
- Waterfall, Rice Terrace, Suspension bridges
- Easy and Short trek in Annapurna region
- Rhododendron flowers in February , March and April
- Deurali pass, Tadapani Hill for the best spot of Beautiful Himalayas Views.
- Good opportunity to observe Gurung , Magar and other people life style and culture
- Peaceful jungle walk from Banthati – Ghorepani – Tadapani – Ghandruk
1960m Ulleri 2 hours drive, 5-6 hours walk L, D Lodge
After Breakfast at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara, take a private car to Nayapul. If you start trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara then drive to Nayapul. It is about 1:30 hours to get there. We start our trekking from Nayapul. During the hike, we pass many local villages, teahouses, gentle green rolling hills, rivers and local people. After crossing the Tikhedunga Khola on the suspension bridge, the trail begins to climb up quite steeply on a stone staircase that is more than 3200 steps. After climbing the hill we can see Mt. Annapurna south (7219m.) and Hiunchuli (6441m.). Nayapul to Ulleri (1960m, 4-5 hours walking)and then overnight at Lodge
It is a very pleasant part of the trek. We walk in the jungle most of the day. If you come in the spring you will see a lot of Rhododendron flowers. You have the chance to see many wild birds and animals. You can see a great view of many snow-capped mountains. Ulleri to Ghorepani(2874m, 5hour walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
We get up early in the morning with warm clothes and climb up Poonhill(3210m.). it is not necessary to take much with us as we return later to collect our main rucksacks. It is about one hour walking to get to Poonhill (3210m). You will see the best sunrise and magnificent view of the Himalayas like Annapurna South, Bahari Shikhar, Hiuchuli, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri ranges, Tukuche peak, Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Lamjung Himal, Mt.Manaslu ranges, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) and others mountains. After this unforgettable view, we come back to Ghorepani for breakfast. Trek to Ghandruk. The hike starts with quite a steep uphill section to Deurali pass. It is a similar elevation to Poonhill. We will see all the mountains from here as well. After that, we hike down to Tadapani. We continue to hike to Ghandruk through the Baisi Kharka (Buffalo pasture). Ghandruk is one of the biggest villages of Gurung people. There is the Gurung Culture Museum. We can go and see the way of life of the Gurung people. From this village, we can still see views of snow peaks. Ghorepani to Ghandruk (1939m, 6-7 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Option: If you can’t make it all the way to Ghandruk from Ghorepani, you have a choice to stay in Tadapani. If you stay in Tadapani, you will trek to Syauli Bazar on the next day and drive back to Pokhara. You do not need extra day for this option.
If it is a clear morning we may see Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre (fishtail) and Annapurna III very close. We have our breakfast with views. This day, we walk to Syauli Bazar from Ghandruk. It takes slowly 2 hours trek. From Syauli Bazar, we 2 hours drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at your Hotel in Pokhara.
Option: You have a choice to walk from Ghandruk to Nayapul ( 4 hours walk ) and from
Nayapul, 2 hours drive back to Pokhara.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Poonhill trek is a short and relatively easy trek into the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend with a burning desire to observe the beauty of snow-capped mountains. Himalaya Trip organize 2-5 days Ghorepani Poonhill Trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Kathmandu Valley Gorepani trek is a short and relatively easy trek into the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend with a burning desire to observe the beauty of snow-capped mountains. Himalaya Trip organize 2-5 days Ghorepani Poonhill Trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Kathmandu Valley Poonhill trek starts from Birethanti after one and half hour drive from Pokhara. This trek passes beautiful villages of Birethanti, Hile, Ulleri, Ghorepani, Tadapani and Ghandruk. You will enjoy the trek in the spectacular mountain scenery through delightful villages inhabited by Gurungs and Magars. Around every corner is an exciting glance of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be open to you as you reach the high points of your trek. The viewpoint on Poonhill (3210m.) offers the best view of mountains and sunrise.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees