Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
Overview The Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is a captivating and rewarding adventure that combines the mesmerizing beauty of the Langtang Valley with the serene spirituality of the sacred Gosainkunda Lake. Situated in the Langtang National Park, Nepal, this trek is also a perfect blend of natural wonders and cultural encounters. The journey typically begins from Kathmandu, where trekkers embark on a scenic drive to Syabrubesi, the trailhead of the Langtang region. The trek gradually winds through lush forests adorned with rhododendron blooms, charming traditional villages, and breathtaking landscapes. Trekkers can also immerse themselves in the warm hospitality of the Tamang and…
The Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is a captivating and rewarding adventure that combines the mesmerizing beauty of the Langtang Valley with the serene spirituality of the sacred Gosainkunda Lake. Situated in the Langtang National Park, Nepal, this trek is also a perfect blend of natural wonders and cultural encounters.
The journey typically begins from Kathmandu, where trekkers embark on a scenic drive to Syabrubesi, the trailhead of the Langtang region. The trek gradually winds through lush forests adorned with rhododendron blooms, charming traditional villages, and breathtaking landscapes. Trekkers can also immerse themselves in the warm hospitality of the Tamang and Tibetan communities, experiencing their unique culture and traditions.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek: A Journey to Himalayan Grandeur and Sacred Waters
As the trek progresses, the trail unveils awe-inspiring vistas of snow-capped peaks, including Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, and Dorje Lakpa. The Langtang Valley, often referred to as the “Valley of Glaciers,” offers a surreal ambiance that captivates trekkers with its raw beauty.
One of the highlights of the Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is the sacred Gosainkunda Lake. Nestled at an altitude of about 4,380 meters, the lake is of great religious significance to both Hindus and Buddhists. Legend has it that the lake was created by Lord Shiva’s trident, and during the Janai Purnima festival, pilgrims from all over Nepal visit this holy site to take a ritual bath in its sacred waters.
From Gosainkunda, the trek continues to ascend through rugged terrains, passing by other enchanting lakes like Saraswati Kunda and Bhairab Kunda. The diverse landscapes and ever-changing scenery offer a photographer’s paradise and leave trekkers in awe of the Himalayan grandeur.
The Langtang Gosainkunda Trek demands a moderate level of fitness, making it accessible to a wide range of adventurers. The best seasons to undertake this trek are spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) when the weather is mild, and the views are clear.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Langtang Gosainkunda Trek promises an unforgettable expedition through captivating landscapes, cultural riches, and spiritual encounters. Trekkers are sure to create lasting memories as they journey through this Himalayan wonderland, leaving with a deep appreciation for the natural and cultural heritage of Nepal.
- Visit Langtang – the valley of glaciers, pine forests, green meadows, terraced fields.
- Beautiful views of snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, deep gorges, stone-driven mills, and suspension bridges
- The majestic views of Langtang Lirung (7,345m), Gang Chenpo (6,388m), Naya Kanga (5,846m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966m), Kimsung (6,781m), and Yansa Tsenji (6,575m)
- Tibetan border region
- Beautiful Lirung and Kim Sung glaciers
- Local cheese factory at Kyanjin Gompa
- Ancient Buddhist monasteries, prayer flags, and chorten
- The sacred Gosainkunda Lake at an altitude of 4,600m
- Side trip to Kyanjin Ri (4,773m), Tsergo/Cherko Ri (4,984m) Viewpoints
After an early breakfast we drive north from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi. Parts of the road are unsealed and the condition of the road often depends upon the monsoon season. We will travel via Trisuli Bazaar where the dam and hydroelectric project was completed by the Indian Technical Mission. Finally we drive on to Syabrubesi and spend a night there. Stay overnight in lodge.
Today is only short day walking from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa. The trail continues passing the Yak pasture land until reaching Kyanjin Gompa which takes about 3 hours slowly. You have lunch. After lunch, you can visit Kyanjin Gompa and Cheese Factory with your guide and taste yak cheese. Now you have a superb view of Langtang Lirung, Gangchempu, Nayakhang and other peaks. Stay overnight in lodge.
Today, we do excursion and hike to Tsergo-Ri, 4985m. We start in the morning after breakfast. First you walk level trail about 30 minutes and you cross small stream. Then the trail continues steep ascending with viewing the panoramic snow capped mountains which takes about 3 and half hours. You have a superb view of Langtang Lirung, Nayakhang, Gangchembu, Ganja-La range, Yala peak, Langshisha Ri and other snowy peaks. If you want to explore more and spend long time on the top, you better to take packed lunch from your Lodge. After enjoying, you climb down till to lodge which takes about 2 and half hour. Stay overnight in lodge.
The trail descends down passing the yak pasture land until reaching Langtang which takes about 2 hours then continue walk and cross the suspension bridge and climb down till Thangshyap. It takes about 1 hour. Again you continue the trail following through the forests until reaching Godatabela which takes about 1 hour. You have lunch break here. After lunch, the trail keeps descending till Lama Hotel. Stay overnight in lodge.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees