Lhasa to Kathmandu Biking Tours
Overview The Lhasa to Kathmandu biking tours is an exhilarating and awe-inspiring journey that takes cyclists through some of the most enchanting landscapes in the world. Covering approximately 1,100 kilometers, this once-in-a-lifetime adventure spans across the majestic terrains of Tibet and Nepal, offering an extraordinary fusion of culture, history, and nature. The trip commences in Lhasa, the heart of Tibetan Buddhism, where cyclists have the opportunity to explore iconic landmarks like the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple before embarking on their two-wheeled expedition. As the journey unfolds, participants traverse high-altitude plateaus, meander through quaint Tibetan villages, and pedal alongside emerald…
The Lhasa to Kathmandu biking tours is an exhilarating and awe-inspiring journey that takes cyclists through some of the most enchanting landscapes in the world. Covering approximately 1,100 kilometers, this once-in-a-lifetime adventure spans across the majestic terrains of Tibet and Nepal, offering an extraordinary fusion of culture, history, and nature.
The trip commences in Lhasa, the heart of Tibetan Buddhism, where cyclists have the opportunity to explore iconic landmarks like the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple before embarking on their two-wheeled expedition. As the journey unfolds, participants traverse high-altitude plateaus, meander through quaint Tibetan villages, and pedal alongside emerald lakes surrounded by snow-capped peaks.
The route challenges riders with varying terrains, from smooth asphalt roads to rugged mountain trails, demanding both physical endurance and mental fortitude. Along the way, cyclists get treatment with panoramic vistas of the Himalayas, including breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, the world’s highest peak.
The cultural encounters are equally enriching, as cyclists interact with local Tibetan and Nepalese communities, witnessing their unique way of life, traditions, and warm hospitality. Nights are spent in traditional guesthouses or camping under the star-studded skies, fostering a profound connection with nature and the region’s spiritual essence.
The highlight of the tour is the crossing of the formidable Friendship Bridge, symbolizing the transition from Tibet into Nepal. The landscape dramatically transforms as riders descend into the lush valleys of Nepal, passing through picturesque hamlets, terraced rice fields, and verdant forests.
Throughout the journey, experienced guides provide valuable insights into the history, religion, and ecology of the region, enhancing the overall cultural experience. Safety remains a top priority, and support vehicles accompany cyclists, offering assistance, refreshments, and carrying luggage.
Conclusion and Summary
The Lhasa to Kathmandu biking tours is an unparalleled adventure that allows cyclists to immerse themselves in the grandeur of the Himalayas, appreciate the spirituality of Tibetan Buddhism, and witness the rich tapestry of local cultures. It is an extraordinary escapade that leaves participants with cherished memories and a deep appreciation for the natural and cultural wonders that this part of the world has to offer.
Upon our arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM) we will be greeted by a representative from Everest Expeditions Nepal. After completing our custom formalities (Visa, etc) we pick up our luggage and look for representative with a Everest Expeditions Nepal display board at the arrival gate. We will be then escorted to hotel. After check in, you will meet our trekking guide as well as other participants and do final preparation for the trip. Later in the evening Everest Expeditions Nepal will organize a “Welcome Dinner” at an excellent traditional Nepalese Restaurant where we will enjoy a Nepalese cultural program along with a fine meal.
Gyirong County is located 70km south of the county seat Zongga on the bank of river Gyirong Zangbo, which is a tributary of the Trishuli River in Nepal. This part of the border between Nepal and China was opened in 2014 and is considered to be more dependable than the one through Zhangmu.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Four night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle inclusive of all entrance fees
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees
- Kathmandu-Gongar (Lhasa) international flight
- Three night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star cateory hotel in Lhasa
- All accommodation during in Tibet (hotel/tented on twin sharing basis)
- Full board meals prepared by our expert cook (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with hot drinks link tea coffee, chocolate etc
- A government licensed English speaking Nepalese leader during the whole trip
- Tibet Tourism Board (TTB) approved Tibetan guide
- Supporting crew, supporting truck and our own kitchen staff
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all our staff
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and all other necessary equipments.
- Enough Oxygen cylinder entire of tour
- Tibet border to Kathmandu (Friendship Bridge) pick up by tourist bus or jeep
- All government taxes and official expense
- Mountain bike, helmet
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- International airfare other than Kathmandu – Gongar (Lhasa)
- Travel insurance
- Nepal Re entry visa fees.
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities, flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, accidents etc.
- Tips for guide and support crew (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
LHASA TO KATHMANDU BIKING TOURS:
Our Lhasa to Katmandu tour is one of the shortest tours of Tibet. It covers popular landmarks in Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Sakya, and Shegar. Although we will not be staying overnight in Gyantse and Sakya, we will still be visiting popular landmarks there. On our tour, we visit Potala and Norbulingka Palaces, Tibet Museum, Barkhor Bazaar and Gyantse Dzong (Fortress) along with impressive monasteries like Sera, Drepung, Jokhang, Phalkot, Sakya and Tashilhunpo. During our tour, we also cross a number of high passes and are in constant company of the beautiful Tibetan landscape.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350m/4,429ft
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing 1,350m/4,429ft
Day 03: Fly To Lhasa 3,650m/11,976ft
Day 04: Lhasa Sightseeing: Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Jokhang Temple, Barkh or Bazaar 3,650m/11,976ft
Day 05: Free day in Lhasa 3,650m/11,976ft
Day 06: Lhasa Sightseeing: Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery; rest free day to explore Lhasa 3,700m/12,140ft
Day 07: Lhasa to Chusul cycling 3,650m/11,976ft
Day 08: Chusul to Nagatse cycling 4,794m/15,729ft
Day 09: Nagatse to Gyantse cycling 5,045m/16,553ft
Day 10: Gyantse to Shigatse cycling 3,900m/12,796ft
Day 11: Rest day in Shigatse 3,900m/12,796ft
Day 12: Shigatse to Lhatse cycling 4,520m/14,830ft
Day 13: Lhatse to Shegar cycling 5, 248m/17,219ft
Day 14: Shegar to Tashi Dzong cycling 5 ,200m/17,061ft
Day 15: Tashi Dzong to Rongbuk cycling, visit Everest Base Camp 5,150m/16,897ft
Day 16: Rongbuk to Old Tingri (Chamda) cycling 5,100m/16,733ft
Day 17: Cycling to before PaikoTsho Lake 4,591m/15,063ft
Day 18: Cycling to the foot of Gontala Pass 5,253m/17,235ft
Day 19: Cycling to Kyirong Town 4,750m/15,585ft
Day 20: Cycling to Syabrubesi, drive to Kathmandu 2,700m/8,859ft
Day 21: Final Departure 1,350m/4,429ft
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees