Limbu Village Trek A new trekking route between Kabeli and Khaksewa rivers offers an in-depth experience of the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the Limbu people who are dominant in this region. The 4-5 day Limbu Cultural Trail trek starts from Phungling and passes through Suketar, Lalikharka, Kande Bhanjyang, Simbu, Phungphung, Phumpe and Mamankhe. The Limbu Cultural Trail ends in Mamankhe where more than 95 percent of the population is Limbu (Mabo). From Mamankhe one has the option of either joining the Kanchenjunga trail or retracing the route back to Phungling. Thick and a wide range of cardamom farms lie…
Limbu Village Trek
A new trekking route between Kabeli and Khaksewa rivers offers an in-depth experience of the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the Limbu people who are dominant in this region. The 4-5 day Limbu Cultural Trail trek starts from Phungling and passes through Suketar, Lalikharka, Kande Bhanjyang, Simbu, Phungphung, Phumpe and Mamankhe. The Limbu Cultural Trail ends in Mamankhe where more than 95 percent of the population is Limbu (Mabo). From Mamankhe one has the option of either joining the Kanchenjunga trail or retracing the route back to Phungling.
Thick and a wide range of cardamom farms lie along the Limbu Cultural Trail. In addition is the unique Himalayan flora and fauna, and untouched natural landscapes. Limbu communities in different villages perform cultural dances Dhaan Naach, Chyabrung Naach, and Bijuwa Naach for visitors. Accommodation and meals are offered in local houses. This provides opportunity to discover the area and the people. Tasting the local tongba (alcoholic beverage) and sukuti (dry meat), interacting with the people and participating in their regular activities, and hiking along unrefined trails crossing ridge and gully offers some of the best of Himalayan experiences.
Day1 : Arrival in kathmandu, Transfer to hotel.
Day 2: City sightseeing around Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Shyambhu nath Temple, Boudha nath etc.
Day 3: Kathmandu- Suketar Flight from Kathmandu-Suketar or Kathmandu- Biratnagar-Suketar. Sightseeing and experiencing local culture at Suketar. 1 hr. or more if flying via Biratnagar Suketar (Tea shops and lodges)
Day 4: Suketar -Lalikharka (Phawakhola) Lunch at Suketar. Trek through forests from Suketar -Lalikharka (Phawakhola). Tea at Deurali. 4 hrs. (Trekking) Lalikharka (Teashops and lodge)
Day 5: Lalikharka – Kande Bhanjyang Trek through forests from Lalikharka – Kande Bhanjyang Lunch at Simbu. 4-5 hrs. (Trekking) Kande Bhanjyang (Campsite and home-stay)
Day 6: Kande Bhanjyang – Phumpe Trek along River Kabeli from Kande Bhanjyang – Phumpe. View mountain sceneries. Lunch at Phungphung Danda. 7 hrs. (Trekking) Phumpe (Campsite and lodges)
Day 7: Phumpe – Mamankhe Trek through cardmom gardens from Phumpe – amankhe. Lunch at Mamankhe. Watch cultural shows and dances in the evening (Dhaan Naach, Chyabrung Naach) 3 hrs. (Trekking) Mamankhe (Campsite and teashops)
Day 8-10: Trekking Back to Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
Day 11: Free Day in Kathmandu for Shopping, Evening Culture Show with Nepalse Tripical Dinner.
Day 12: Final Departure, Transfer to airport.
Notes:The total cost and further information will be provided on request.The package can be customized as per your requirements. The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.