Lumba Sumba Trek
Overview The Lumba Sumba Trek is also an awe-inspiring adventure in the eastern Himalayas of Nepal, offering trekkers a chance to explore the unspoiled beauty of the remote and less-trodden regions of the country. Spanning over 22 days, this challenging trek takes you through the lush forests, high mountain passes, traditional villages, and stunning landscapes of the Makalu-Barun National Park and Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. The journey begins in Kathmandu, where trekkers gets introduction to the diverse culture and heritage of Nepal's capital city. From there, a short domestic flight takes you to Taplejung, the gateway to the Lumba Sumba Trek.…
The Lumba Sumba Trek is also an awe-inspiring adventure in the eastern Himalayas of Nepal, offering trekkers a chance to explore the unspoiled beauty of the remote and less-trodden regions of the country. Spanning over 22 days, this challenging trek takes you through the lush forests, high mountain passes, traditional villages, and stunning landscapes of the Makalu-Barun National Park and Kanchenjunga Conservation Area.
The journey begins in Kathmandu, where trekkers gets introduction to the diverse culture and heritage of Nepal’s capital city. From there, a short domestic flight takes you to Taplejung, the gateway to the Lumba Sumba Trek. The trail starts with gentle ascents through terraced farmlands, pristine forests filled with rhododendrons, and charming Sherpa and Rai villages.
As you gain altitude, the views become more dramatic, and the real essence of the Himalayas starts to unfold. The route takes you through challenging terrains, crossing high passes like Lumba Sumba Pass (5,160m), revealing breathtaking panoramas of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Everest, and other snow-capped peaks.
Lumba Sumba Trek: A Journey Through Himalayan Wilderness and Rich Biodiversity
The biodiversity of the region is astounding, with opportunities to spot rare and endangered wildlife such as snow leopards, red pandas, and Himalayan black bears. Moreover, the trek provides a chance to encounter the unique cultural practices and lifestyles of various ethnic groups like Sherpas, Tamangs, and Limbus, enhancing the overall experience.
Lumba Sumba Trek is not for the faint-hearted, as it involves long and demanding days of walking in remote wilderness. However, the sense of accomplishment and the natural beauty encountered make it all worthwhile. Camping in the wilderness adds to the adventure, providing an authentic experience of the Himalayan wilderness.
The best time to embark on this trek is during the spring and autumn seasons when the weather is stable, and the trails are at their best. It is essential to be physically fit and mentally prepared for the challenges this trek presents.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Lumba Sumba Trek offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore Nepal’s hidden gems, presenting a perfect blend of adventure, nature, and cultural immersion that will leave trekkers with unforgettable memories of the majestic Himalayas.
The Lumba Sumba Trek offers a myriad of captivating highlights that make it a truly unforgettable adventure in the Himalayas. Some of the trip highlights include:
- Rich Biodiversity: The trek takes you through the pristine landscapes of the Makalu-Barun National Park and Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. Trekkers have the rare opportunity to spot endangered wildlife such as snow leopards, red pandas, and Himalayan black bears, as well as various bird species.
- Cultural Immersion: Encounter the unique cultural practices and lifestyles of different ethnic groups along the trail. Interact with Sherpas, Tamangs, Limbus, and other local communities, gaining insights into their traditions, art, music, and cuisine.
- Majestic Mountain Views: The trek offers breathtaking vistas of some of the world’s highest peaks, including Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kanchenjunga, and Mt. Everest. The sight of these majestic giants against the backdrop of the Himalayan skyline is truly awe-inspiring.
- Challenging Passes: Experience the thrill of crossing high mountain passes like Lumba Sumba Pass (5,160m). These challenging sections of the trek offer a sense of achievement and reward trekkers with panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Pristine Wilderness: Trek through remote and less-frequented regions of Nepal, where untouched wilderness and natural beauty surround you at every turn. Camping in the midst of this untamed environment adds to the sense of adventure and connection with nature.
- Authentic Camping Experience: Spend nights under the starlit skies in the Himalayan wilderness, enjoying the tranquility and remoteness of the surroundings. Campfires and shared stories with fellow trekkers enhance the overall experience.
- Cultural Festivals (Seasonal): Depending on the time of the trek, there’s a chance to witness local cultural festivals and ceremonies, providing a deeper understanding of the region’s traditions and beliefs.
- Local Hospitality: Experience the warm and welcoming hospitality of the local communities as you pass through their villages. Staying in local tea houses and interacting with the villagers enriches the cultural experience.
- Off-the-Beaten-Path Adventure: The Lumba Sumba Trek is less crowded than some of the more popular treks in Nepal, offering a sense of seclusion and exclusivity. It’s an ideal choice for trekkers seeking a quieter and more authentic Himalayan experience.
- Seasons of Beauty: The trek’s beauty changes with the seasons, with blooming rhododendron forests in spring and clear skies in autumn, making each journey unique and captivating.
Arrive in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. Meet your trekking guide and fellow trekkers, and get a briefing about the trek. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Take an early morning flight to Taplejung. From Taplejung, start trekking towards Mitlung. The trail passes through picturesque landscapes and traditional villages. Overnight camping in Mitlung.
Continue the trek from Mitlung to Chirwa. Enjoy the scenic beauty and cross several suspension bridges along the way. Pass through lush forests and terraced fields. Overnight camping in Chirwa.
Trek from Chirwa to Lelep, ascending gradually through the forested trail. Experience the cultural diversity and interact with local communities. Overnight camping in Lelep.
Hike to Ela Danda, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Walk through rhododendron and oak forests. Overnight camping in Ela Danda.
Continue trekking to Selep Kharka, passing through beautiful landscapes and remote settlements. Witness the unique lifestyle of the local inhabitants. Overnight camping in Selep Kharka.
Trek to Olangchung Gola, a picturesque village near the Tibetan border. Experience the rich Tibetan culture and warm hospitality of the locals. Overnight camping in Olangchung Gola.
Take a rest day at Olangchung Gola for acclimatization. Explore the village, visit monasteries, and immerse yourself in the local culture.
Resume the trek from Olangchung Gola to Upper Langmale. The trail offers stunning views of the snow-capped mountains. Overnight camping in Upper Langmale.
Hike to Pass Camp, situated below the Lumba Sumba Pass. The terrain becomes more challenging as you ascend towards the pass. Overnight camping at Pass Camp.
Crossing Cross the Lumba Sumba Pass (5,160m) over three days, which requires careful navigation through rugged terrain and high altitude conditions. Enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks from the pass.
Descend from the pass to Yangma Kharka. The trail offers picturesque landscapes and encounters with wildlife. Overnight camping in Yangma Kharka.
Continue trekking to Chauri Kharka, walking through pristine forests and remote settlements. Experience the tranquility of the Himalayan wilderness. Overnight camping in Chauri Kharka.
Trek from Chauri Kharka to Nango, enjoying the natural beauty of the region. Interact with locals and learn about their customs. Overnight camping in Nango.
Hike to Phedi, a beautiful Himalayan village with panoramic mountain views. The trail passes through dense forests and meadows. Overnight camping in Phedi.
Continue the trek to Yamphudin, passing through terraced fields and charming villages. Enjoy the hospitality of the local Limbu community. Overnight camping in Yamphudin.
Trek from Yamphudin to Mamanke, experiencing the diverse landscapes of the region. The trail offers stunning views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Overnight camping in Mamanke.
Resume the trek towards Kande Bhanjyang, crossing several ridges and forests. The trail provides glimpses of local culture and traditions. Overnight camping in Kande Bhanjyang.
Trek from Kande Bhanjyang to Lali Kharka, offering a mix of cultural encounters and natural beauty. Overnight camping in Lali Kharka.
Conclude the trek at Suketar and take a domestic flight back to Kathmandu. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy a well-deserved rest. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Depart from Kathmandu with fond memories of the Lumba Sumba Trek and the beautiful Himalayan landscapes and cultures encountered along the way.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) basis during the trek
5. 4 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) and Pokhara.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head by Private Transport.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
14. Welcome dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Map, T-shirt, Trekking certificate.
16. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
17. All Government and local Taxes
18. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
19. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket of Lukla, Jomsom, Pokhara etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
This exclusively wonderful trek caters many unseen and unphotographed remote landscapes of eastern Nepal along with the authentic culture of highland natives, which at places is very close to nomadism– Lumba-Sumba Trek
Lumba – Sumba trek traverses through one of the least frequented trails of eastern Nepal between tow Himalayan giants, Kanchenjunga (8,586m) and Makalu (8,463m). Our Spring Special Trek to this magical land in eastern Nepal is a fully organized Trek. This is a challenging trek where trekkers face extreme remoteness, high altitude and most importantly the fun of walking adventure.
Lumba- Sumba Trek in Nepal initially treads the trails of Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek until Phale Gaon. Beyond Phale Gaon the trek crosses Nango La Pass to Olangchung Gola and simultaneously goes over Lumba-Sumba Pass to the village of Thudam, where the trekkers can observe authentic cultures of Tibetan Buddhists and Bhotiyas.
Throughout the challenging trek, there are several rewards. Pleasant walk through the beautiful woods of colorful rhododendrons and diverse species of birds, the close views of Himalayan peaks in Kanchenjunga and Makalu Himalayan Ranges and great cultural encounters in the frequent traditional villages are rewards that would remain forever in the mind and soul of every trekker who has undertaken this Spring Special Trek.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees