Mardi Himal Trek
Overview The Mardi Himal Trek is a captivating adventure in the Annapurna region of Nepal, offering breathtaking views, diverse landscapes, and a sense of tranquility for trekkers seeking a less crowded and more off-the-beaten-path experience. This relatively new trekking route has gained popularity for its pristine beauty and proximity to the towering peaks of the Annapurna range. The journey typically begins in the vibrant city of Pokhara, where trekkers prepare for the trek ahead. After a short drive to Kande, the trail commences through lush forests of rhododendron, oak, and bamboo, providing glimpses of various wildlife and exotic birds. As…
The Mardi Himal Trek is a captivating adventure in the Annapurna region of Nepal, offering breathtaking views, diverse landscapes, and a sense of tranquility for trekkers seeking a less crowded and more off-the-beaten-path experience. This relatively new trekking route has gained popularity for its pristine beauty and proximity to the towering peaks of the Annapurna range.
The journey typically begins in the vibrant city of Pokhara, where trekkers prepare for the trek ahead. After a short drive to Kande, the trail commences through lush forests of rhododendron, oak, and bamboo, providing glimpses of various wildlife and exotic birds. As the path ascends, the scenery also transforms, revealing terraced fields, charming villages, and cascading waterfalls.
Majestic Beauty and Tranquility: Embarking on the Enchanting Mardi Himal Trek
As trekkers ascend higher, the snow-capped peaks, including Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), and Annapurna South, gradually come into view, leaving travelers in awe of their majestic beauty. The high-altitude landscapes, surrounded by alpine meadows and icy glaciers, create a surreal environment that feels like a trekker’s paradise.
The Mardi Himal Base Camp, situated at an elevation of approximately 4,500 meters (14,764 feet), marks the pinnacle of the journey. The sight from here is a reward like no other – a panoramic view of the Annapurna range and surrounding peaks, along with the vastness of the Modi Khola Valley below. The sense of accomplishment and tranquility amid this pristine wilderness is truly unforgettable.
Unlike some of the more frequented treks, Mardi Himal offers a peaceful and secluded experience, allowing trekkers to connect more intimately with nature and the local Gurung and Magar communities along the way. The genuine hospitality and warm smiles of the villagers create a heartwarming cultural exchange.
With the trek generally taking around 6-7 days to complete, the Mardi Himal Trek is considered a moderate trek suitable for trekkers with a reasonable level of fitness. Accommodation options include tea houses and lodges that offer basic amenities for a comfortable stay during the journey.
Conclusion and Summary
In summary, the Mardi Himal Trek is a hidden gem in the Annapurna region, providing an unforgettable blend of nature, culture, and adventure. It’s an ideal choice for trekkers looking to explore lesser-known trails while still savoring the grandeur of the Himalayas and creating cherished memories to last a lifetime.
- Magnificent sunrise and sunset view from Mardi Himal High Camp.
- Incredible landscape, local culture, beautiful rhododendron forest during the spring season (March)
- Stunning views of Himalchuli (7893m), Annapurna South (7219m – Annapurna Dakshin), Mardi Himal (5587m), and Machapuchare (6993m – Fish Tail).
- A diverse range of flora and fauna on the trek – lush forest draped in low clouds.
- Pothana Village trek through rhododendron forest to Low Camp.
Arrival in Kathmandu and check-in to Hotel
After landing flight at TIA, representative of Friendship World Treks Pvt. Ltd will warmly receive you. We will move towards the hotel. We will enjoy delicious dinner at night. After dinner we will give brief description of the program to Mardi himal Trekking.
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (Around 7/8 hours)
Early morning we will have breakfast and take a drive to Pokhara for about 7 to 8 hours. The panoramic view of the roadside houses and forest will be very enjoyable. In Pokhara spectacular places around the valley will be very interesting. The night will be at one of the best hotel at Pokhara.
Drive to Kade (1710M) & trek to Australian Camp (2060 m) or Potana (1950 m)
Drive from Pokhara to Kade, it takes one hours by driving. The road is reasonably good. Then trek from Kade to Australian Camp (2060m). It takes 2 to 3 hours then
then after that slightly downhill to Pothana (1950 m) then overnight at Tea House.
Trek to Machhapuchre ( Fish Tail) forest Camp (KoKar)2600 M
This is beautiful walk through forest. After morning breakfast we trek about 5 hours to reach Forest camp walking through Pothana village. Overnight at Tea House.
Trek to Low camp Via Badal Danda(3050m)
As we climb there are natural windows in the woods that view out onto thrilling panoramas towards Hiunchuli Peak and the knife-sharp traverse towards Annapurna South. We have magnificent closer view of Fishtail and Annapurna Mountain range, far below, to our left, we can see Modi Khola Valley leading up into the Annapurna Sanctuary. Overnight at Tea House.
Trek to high camp (3900 m)
After early breakfast we start trekking to reach our highest point of the trek. With clear weather the view today will never be forgotten. Overnight a High Camp.
Exploration day- Rest Day
Climb at 4450M for the View Point and Mardi Base Camp (4500 M) and back to High camp (3900M), free day to explore around. You can see the Fish tail very near from you. Overnight at High Camp.
High Camp to Forest Camp (2600 M)
After early breakfast, we start walking to Forest camp from High camp,
Overnight at Forest Camp (Kokar) Tea House.
Trek to Pokhara (780 M)
Today the trail descent about 1600m through the shade of the forest, and out onto terraced fields. Here, as we make our way along the banks of the Mardi Khola from the hill-side village of Siding, down through the lovely fields, past the simple farms and over the ‘interesting’ bridges, there is no doubting this is indeed the idyllic Nepali countryside.
Drive or Fly back to Kathmandu.
Departure to Home.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Enjoy the feeling of solitude as you trek in this remote less traveled region.
Fewer tourists, but big on beauty!
Snowcapped peaks abound as you enjoy this off-the-beaten-path trek that is full of adventure with fewer people. This trek has a lot to offer and is culturally rich and abundant in beauty. Experience the beauty and remoteness as you follow the trail to Machapuchare Base Camp. The trail takes you through lush valleys, alpine meadows where yaks graze, through rhododendron, pine, and subtropical forests, crossing many rivers with waterfalls cascading from above, and most spectacular of all the gigantic peaks that surround you.
The Mardi Himal Trek begins at the city of Pokhara with Phewa Tal (Lake) at its center. The trail initially takes us through a rhododendron forest and along the bank of rivers. The trail descends to Mardi Khola (river) and then ascends toward Phedi. The Mardi Himal trek offers fantastic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna Ranges, Mt. Hiunchuli, and Mt. Machapuchare (Fish Tail).
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees