The Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened route and hidden treasure in the Annapurna region. This trek is best destination to avoid the crowd. Mardi Himal trek offer imaging view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu ranges. Mardi Himal base camp, Jhinu Hot Spring and Ghandruk village is the major attraction of this trek. The trek starts at Kande after 1 hours driving from Pokhara. The trail is good, first slowly up, then a bit steeper to Australian Camp (2060 m – About one hour), then after that slightly downhill to Pothana (1950 m) then up again to Deurali…
The Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened route and hidden treasure in the Annapurna region. This trek is best destination to avoid the crowd. Mardi Himal trek offer imaging view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu ranges. Mardi Himal base camp, Jhinu Hot Spring and Ghandruk village is the major attraction of this trek.
The trek starts at Kande after 1 hours driving from Pokhara. The trail is good, first slowly up, then a bit steeper to Australian Camp (2060 m – About one hour), then after that slightly downhill to Pothana (1950 m) then up again to Deurali (2100 m)
There is a right turn in Deurali sign posted “Forest Camp” the trail is through jungle, at first up then undulating on the top of a ridge, there is a section just over half way where the trail drops steeply and then slowly gains height and then back onto the ridge and into Forest Camp (2600m).
The trail is initially quite steep leaving Forest Camp but soon gets less steep as you again get upon the ridge. The trail leaves Low Camp again in jungle, but the trees soon start to get smaller and after about one hours trekking broke out of the jungle and onto the open ridge with spectacular views of Machhapuchhre ahead and Annapurna South to my left.
It is possible to continue trekking along the ridge for another 4 to 5 hours to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m) and return to High Camp in around 4 hours – This makes a long day but there is also a viewpoint about half way, the imaging view can be from here. After that, we return all the way down to Forest camp.
When we arrive to Forest Camp, we trek to Jhinu Hot spring where you can explore at natural hot spring via Landruk. After this, you will end your trek at Nayapul via Ghandruk village which is one of the popular gurung villages in this region.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and check-in to Hotel
After landing flight at TIA, representative of Friendship World Treks Pvt. Ltd will warmly receive you. We will move towards the hotel. We will enjoy delicious dinner at night. After dinner we will give brief description of the program to Mardi himal Trekking.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (Around 7/8 hours)
Early morning we will have breakfast and take a drive to Pokhara for about 7 to 8 hours. The panoramic view of the roadside houses and forest will be very enjoyable. In Pokhara spectacular places around the valley will be very interesting. The night will be at one of the best hotel at Pokhara.
Day 03: Drive to Kade (1710M) & trek to Australian Camp (2060 m) or Potana (1950 m)
Drive from Pokhara to Kade, it takes one hours by driving. The road is reasonably good. Then trek from Kade to Australian Camp (2060m). It takes 2 to 3 hours then
then after that slightly downhill to Pothana (1950 m) then overnight at Tea House.
Day 04: Trek to Machhapuchre ( Fish Tail) forest Camp (KoKar)2600 M
This is beautiful walk through forest. After morning breakfast we trek about 5 hours to reach Forest camp walking through Pothana village. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 05: Trek to Low camp Via Badal Danda(3050m)
As we climb there are natural windows in the woods that view out onto thrilling panoramas towards Hiunchuli Peak and the knife-sharp traverse towards Annapurna South. We have magnificent closer view of Fishtail and Annapurna Mountain range, far below, to our left, we can see Modi Khola Valley leading up into the Annapurna Sanctuary. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 06: Trek to high camp (3900 m)
After early breakfast we start trekking to reach our highest point of the trek. With clear weather the view today will never be forgotten. Overnight a High Camp.
Day 07: Exploration day- Rest Day
Climb at 4450M for the View Point and Mardi Base Camp (4500 M) and back to High camp (3900M), free day to explore around. You can see the Fish tail very near from you. Overnight at High Camp.
Day 08: High Camp to Forest Camp (2600 M)
After early breakfast, we start walking to Forest camp from High camp,
Overnight at Forest Camp (Kokar) Tea House.
Day 09: Trek to Pokhara (780 M)
Today the trail descent about 1600m through the shade of the forest, and out onto terraced fields. Here, as we make our way along the banks of the Mardi Khola from the hill-side village of Siding, down through the lovely fields, past the simple farms and over the ‘interesting’ bridges, there is no doubting this is indeed the idyllic Nepali countryside.
Day 10: Drive or Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 11: Departure to Home.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.