Mount Changtse Expedition 2023
Overview The Mount Changtse Expedition 2023 is a thrilling and challenging adventure that promises to take mountaineers to new heights in the Himalayas. Located in the Everest region, Mount Changtse stands as the world's 32nd highest peak, reaching an awe-inspiring altitude of 7,580 meters (24,870 feet). This exclusive expedition also organized by a renowned mountaineering company with a track record of successful high-altitude ascents. The trip begins with an exciting arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal, where participants will undergo a thorough briefing and equipment check. They will have the opportunity to explore the vibrant city, soak in its rich culture, and…
The Mount Changtse Expedition 2023 is a thrilling and challenging adventure that promises to take mountaineers to new heights in the Himalayas. Located in the Everest region, Mount Changtse stands as the world’s 32nd highest peak, reaching an awe-inspiring altitude of 7,580 meters (24,870 feet). This exclusive expedition also organized by a renowned mountaineering company with a track record of successful high-altitude ascents.
The trip begins with an exciting arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal, where participants will undergo a thorough briefing and equipment check. They will have the opportunity to explore the vibrant city, soak in its rich culture, and get a glimpse of the majestic Himalayan range before embarking on the ascent.
After an exhilarating helicopter ride to the Everest Base Camp, the actual climb commences. Climbers will traverse through challenging terrains, including crevassed glaciers and icy ridges, testing their physical endurance and mental fortitude. The experienced and professional expedition guides will also provide constant support and ensure the safety of every member throughout the journey.
As the team advances to higher altitudes, breathtaking panoramas of Everest, Lhotse, and Nuptse unfold, adding a surreal dimension to the adventure. The climbers will acclimatize at carefully chosen intermediate camps to reduce the risk of altitude sickness and optimize their chances of reaching the summit.
The final push to the peak of Mount Changtse demands the utmost determination and technical skills, involving ice and rock climbing. Standing at the summit, participants will also experience an unparalleled sense of accomplishment and be rewarded with unparalleled 360-degree views of the Himalayan giants surrounding them.
Conclusion and Summary
The Mount Changtse Expedition 2023 is also an exclusive opportunity for seasoned mountaineers to push their boundaries, conquer new heights, and foster lifelong memories. It’s an expedition that celebrates human spirit, camaraderie, and a profound connection with nature’s most majestic creations. As climbers return to Kathmandu, they will carry with them a deep sense of achievement and a newfound reverence for the raw beauty of the Himalayas, cherishing memories that will last a lifetime.
Changtse meaning north in Tibetan. This peak is north of mt. Everest. It is 7550m high from sea level. Changtse peak was first climbd in1982 by German expedition group. Before 11 days of climbing this peak Dutch climber Johan Taks part of Everest expedition had already climbed this
Tibet Climbing Sherpa for Himalayan: Changtse is located at north of Everest hence in Tibet, the name Changtse which is Tibetan for north peak. Two other well-known peaks of the Everest-group; Lhotse (4th highest mountain in world) and Nuptse mean respectively south and west-peak. Changtse was first ascended in October 1982; officially by a German expedition; but it had already been climbed by the Dutch climber Johan Taks; only 11 days before. I bet the Germans must have thought the peak was still virgin…. Taks was a member of the 1982 Dutch Everest-expedition (Tibetan side; east Rongbuk), and climbed the mountain apparently without a permit against the will of the other expedition members. Nowadays the mountain receives little attention; only 1 or 2 (Chinese) additional expeditions have been listed. Changtse (7,550m) Expedition Entry/Exit Zhangmu
Day 02: Kathmandu- Sight seeing in Kathmandu and some Preparing for Expedition
Day 03: Kathmandu – Preparation Expedition
Day 04: Drive to Kathmadu – Zangmu (2300m), O/N at hotel
Day 05: Drive Nyalam
Day 06 :acclimatization in Nyalam
Day 07: Drive Tingri (4250m), O/N at hotel
Day 08: acclimatization at Tingri
Day 09: Tingri – Base camp 5200m.
Day 10: Acclimatization at Tingri Base camp
Day 11: Base Camp to Middle camp
Day 12: Middle camp – ABC
Day 13-29: Climbing period Changtse (7550m.)
Day 30: Advance Base Camp – Base camp
Day 31: drive Base camp – Zhangmu
Day 32: Drive Zhangmu – Kathmandu
Day 33: Kathmandu
Day 34: Departure from Kathmandu.
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 5 nights hotel (5 star, Annapurna or similar) in Kathmandu, bb plan
- Accommodation in Tibet on full board basis (breakfast, lunch & dinner).
- Changtse Expedition permit, Tibet visa & Tibet travel permit and all taxes
- 50 Kg Expedition equipment luggage or barrel per climber is allowed till ABC
- Necessary yaks for carrying equipment & loads
- Food and fuels in the base camp for whole period
- 1 tent per climber of North face or similar for Base Camp
- Dining, Kitchen, Store tent, mattress and all camping facilities needed in BC
- Experienced and professional staff at BC : Base camp manager, cook, kitchen boy
- Liaisons officer and interpreter service
- Equipment allowance, wages, life, medical & life, medical & rescue insurance for all Nepali members.
- Emergency oxygen, mask & regulator at ABC (use and pay)
- Immediate Rescue co-ordination (covered by your travel insurance)
- Group climbing equipment such as fixed rope, snow bar, ice screw etc.
- Generator or solar panel for charging & lighting in Base camp
- Gamow bag (Life saving device in case of altitude sickness) provided
- Satellite phone on pay call basis (1min = $ 3)
- Garbage deposit fee
- Visa Extension fee
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Agency service charge
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa).
- Meals in Kathmandu (allow US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day. )
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- Excess baggage transport by yak.
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications – equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- All not mentioned in cost include part
Mount Changtse is located adjacently north of Everest. Changtse in Tibetan language means north peak. Changtse mountain was first ascended in October 1982 by German expedition team officially but in fact it had already been climbed by the Dutch climber Johan Takes; only 11 days before. This peak was also climbed by Dutch team in 1982.
Our expedition starts by driving to Nepal-Tibet border. After immigration formalities, the team will reach Changtse and Everest base camp in 6 days via Nyalam and Tingri.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees