Mustang Lo Manthang Trek
Overview The Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is a captivating journey that takes trekkers deep into the heart of the remote and ancient Kingdom of Lo, situated in the breathtaking Upper Mustang region of Nepal. Starting from Jomsom, a charming town nestled in the Annapurna region, the trek gradually ascends through arid landscapes, barren hills, and rocky terrain. Trekkers traverse along the Kali Gandaki River, the deepest gorge in the world, surrounded by majestic peaks like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, creating an awe-inspiring backdrop. The highlight of the Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is reaching the fabled walled city of Lo Manthang, an ancient…
The Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is a captivating journey that takes trekkers deep into the heart of the remote and ancient Kingdom of Lo, situated in the breathtaking Upper Mustang region of Nepal.
Starting from Jomsom, a charming town nestled in the Annapurna region, the trek gradually ascends through arid landscapes, barren hills, and rocky terrain. Trekkers traverse along the Kali Gandaki River, the deepest gorge in the world, surrounded by majestic peaks like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, creating an awe-inspiring backdrop.
The highlight of the Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is reaching the fabled walled city of Lo Manthang, an ancient settlement steeped in Tibetan Buddhist culture. The city boasts intriguing monasteries, whitewashed houses, and narrow alleys that exude a unique and mystical atmosphere. Visitors immersed in the local traditions, witnessing traditional dance performances and engaging with the warm and friendly locals.
The trek also takes trekkers to the remote villages of Ghami and Tsarang, which are adorned with ancient monasteries and chortens, offering insights into the region’s spiritual heritage. The diverse landscapes constantly change as the journey unfolds, ranging from arid desert-like terrains to lush barley fields and apple orchards in the lower regions.
As the trail climbs higher, trekkers often encounter strong winds and unique geological formations, such as the “Teechi” cliffs that appear like medieval castles precariously perched on cliffs. The experience made even more surreal as travelers witness the surreal “Lo Manthang Caves” which are home to centuries-old rock-cut dwellings.
The Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is a restricted region, and trekkers require a special permit to embark on this adventure. This restriction has contributed to preserving the area’s culture and natural beauty, making it a trek cherished by those seeking an off-the-beaten-path and culturally immersive experience.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Mustang Lo Manthang Trek is a mesmerizing journey that combines stunning landscapes, ancient cultural heritage, and warm hospitality. The blend of natural beauty, unique Tibetan Buddhist traditions, and a sense of adventure make this trek a once-in-a-lifetime experience for those eager to explore the hidden gems of Nepal’s Himalayan landscape.
Mustang Lo manthang trekking is a fascinating treks in Mustang region with exploration of breathtaking landscape, Mustang king palace, old monasteries and nomad lands.
* Trekking in Mustang Lo Manthang trip discover the traditional Tibetan style villages and best mountains vistas of Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m, Mt. Annapurna 8091m , Nilgiri 6041m and other trekking peaks of Annapurna trekking trails.
* Upper Mustang trekking trails is the exemplary place to observe Tibetan plateau, culture thus ,reaching upper Mustang is like visit in Tibet.
* Explore the Kali gandaki valley, Muktnath temple and encounter the Annapurna circuit trekking trails with Nepal best apple garden Marpha.
Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure.
The flights takes 30 minutes and transfer to hotel for overnight. At hotel in Pokhara be refresh, rest or free for personal activities or visit Lake Side down town market.
Accommodation: Local Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Maximum Altitude: 2800m
Transfer to airport for International departure
Place: – Maximum Altitude: 1400m.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
How difficult is Mustang trek ?
Mustang Lo Manthang trek is exciting trekking in Mustang region. Good physical is required for the trip. Upper Mustang trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Jomsom 2467m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Mustang Lomanthang trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Mustang Lo manthang trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is may cold
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5-6 hours need to walk each day but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Upper mustang treks destination . Mustang trek map has also clear vision one to next destination.
How to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Nepal Mustang Lo Manthang trekking ?
It is hard to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for trekking in Mustang Lo Manthang if you just surfing via google or internet so trekkers should know Nepal trekking company legal documents, service, reputation, either recommended in international travel guide book such as Lonely planet travel guide book, Rough guide travel book etc sometime free lance trekking guide, operator or illegal Nepal trekking agency also show up their website and sale the trekking it means beware from illegal operation that make your holiday hazards.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees