NAMOBUDDHA AND BALTHALI VILLAGE TREK TRIP FACTS DURATION: 5Nights/6Days TRIP GRADE BEST MONTH All around the year ITINERARY Day 1: Kathmandu - 1300m altitude Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu and meet assists and transfer to the hotel by our representative. Welcome drinks on arrival and briefing of tour program by one of the representatives from Everest Expeditions Nepal. Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing (B) After breakfast start full day sightseeing at UNESCO heritage sites. Sightseeing at Bouddhanath Stupa- is a very important religious site for the followers of Buddhism. It is located northeast from the Kathmandu city center. The…
BEST MONTH All around the year
Day 1: Kathmandu – 1300m altitude
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu and meet assists and transfer to the hotel by our representative. Welcome drinks on arrival and briefing of tour program by one of the representatives from Everest Expeditions Nepal.
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing (B)
After breakfast start full day sightseeing at UNESCO heritage sites. Sightseeing at Bouddhanath Stupa– is a very important religious site for the followers of Buddhism. It is located northeast from the Kathmandu city center. The Stupa is regarded as the center of faith for the Buddhists. This is also the largest Stupa of Nepal. The Stupa rich in Buddhist arts and cultural heritage is also a popular pilgrimage site, Pashupatinath Temple is a famous, sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Pashupatinath is located on the banks of the Bagmati River. This temple is considered one of the sacred temples of the Hindu faith. This “extensive Hindu temple precinct” is a “sprawling collection of temples, ashrams, images, and inscriptions raised over the centuries and Patan Durbar Square- Enlisted in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites is a distinct place for arts and architecture that reflect on each temple, monument and palace building that were mostly built during the Malla period between 16th, 17th and 18th century. The square offers myriad opportunities for visitors willing to study and research artistic and architectural masterpieces, history and culture of Patan. The rest of the time is free on your own.
Day 3: Kathmandu –Namo Buddha Hiking (B)
After Breakfast drive to Dhulikhel for an hour and we set up for 4 hrs hiking trip to Namobuddha. Hiking to Namobuddha is a superb hiking trip in the Kathmandu Valley combined with a visit to one of the famous Buddhist sites. Namo Buddha is a famous ancient Buddhist Monastery in Nepal situated at 1750 meters. The monastery is surrounded by Tamang settlements. There is a special Buddhist legend about King Mahasattva offering his body to a hungry tigress at this very place which makes Namo Buddha a holy site for Buddhist people.
The main attractions of this hike are the fantastic panoramic mountain views and the many Buddhist stupas on the hilltops. Namo Budhha is also famous for growing rice, mustard and millet so you can see beautiful hillside terraced farms throughout the walk. You’ll also be surprised by the number of temples, variation in landscapes and diversity of people living in harmony. Overnight at Namobuddha.
Day 4: Namobuddha- Balthali Village walk (B)
Today after breakfast we walk three hours and reach the enchanting Balthali village offering excellent mountain views at an altitude of 1,730m. On arrival at Balthali Village we visit a typical Tamang village, Dada Gaun, where a Buddhist Community lives. It is very traditional and secluded from the modern world. Here people and animals live together side by side. We then walk to Pada Gaun (2100m), from where one can have extremely good views of the whole Himalayan range to north and beautiful green forest of Mahabharat. Then walk on to Karnali, a hamlet of nature, and follow the banks of the Ladku River back to the resort. Overnight at Balthali Village.
Day 5: Balthali to Panauti (1400 m.) to Kathmandu (B)
Today, we take leisurely walk to the thriving Newari village of Panauti. Panauti is wedged between the Punyamata and Roshi streams. Panauti forms the shape of a triangle with a serpent (naga) idol standing at each of its three corners to protect from floods. Pride of this place goes to the massive, three-tiered Indreshwor Mahadev. Some authorities believe this to be the original structure that was raised here in 1294 AD, which would make it the oldest surviving Nepal. The shrine area at the sacred confluence called the Khware’, is one of those tranquil spots that can intercept a dreamer for hours. On the way one can have an opportunity to come across lovely temples and interesting old houses, particularly beautiful areas some fourteenth-century wooden temple struts. Having taken about six hours on foot journey, we drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 6: Departure (B)
Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Everest Expeditions Nepal will transfer you to the airport for final departure to your home country.
*Hotels and rates are subject to change on availability.
Thank you so much for Travelling with Everest Expeditions Nepal!!!!!!!!!
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Duffle Bag
16. Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. All Government and local Taxes
20. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
21. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.