“Dolpo Yak Caravan Trek travels with the traders of Dolpo and big herd of yaks to the elevated Nepal-Tibet border catering a perfect opportunity to sight authentic trading culture of Dolpo, its landscapes, amazing yak caravans and every other highlight remote Dolpo has.” Since yak is one of the most popular domestic animals in Upper Dolpo- it has many essential roles in daily life of the natives. Yak is used for different purposes like transportation, ploughing fields, riding and sometimes they are used to open the trail when it is covered with snow. It is also a good source of…
“Dolpo Yak Caravan Trek travels with the traders of Dolpo and big herd of yaks to the elevated Nepal-Tibet border catering a perfect opportunity to sight authentic trading culture of Dolpo, its landscapes, amazing yak caravans and every other highlight remote Dolpo has.”
Since yak is one of the most popular domestic animals in Upper Dolpo– it has many essential roles in daily life of the natives. Yak is used for different purposes like transportation, ploughing fields, riding and sometimes they are used to open the trail when it is covered with snow. It is also a good source of nutrients in the highland. Its milk and meat are life saving diet. In the Himalayas a life without yaks is close to impossible.
Dolpo, which is bordered by the Tibet Autonomous Region, China in the North has business relationship since long. Once in a year there will be traditional exchange market in the borderline. Previously the people of Upper Dolpo used to take the food stuff such as maize, wheat, buckwheat, millet etc. brought from the lower part of Dolpa to the border and bartered with salt. When the winter begins again with the salt brought from Tibet the people go to the lower region to barter with the food stuff.
As the time changes every moment, new ideas and creations take place and the people adopt them without any hesitations for survival. Eventually, the trend of the people of upper Dolpo has also changed a lot. Since the importance of Yarshagomba (Cordisep Cynensis) came in knowledge of the general people they became more concerned in trading it. Since this is the natural product which is found wild in the pastures, doesn’t need any pre-investment for the cultivation. Its high market value is increasing every season as consequently the people have started to think that it is the main source of income of the family. Therefore, now a days people take this Yarshagomba to barter for modern food stuff and things of daily uses instead of salt.
Yak Caravan Trip is designed in such a way that the whole trip will go with yaks local traders. It is scheduled according to the movement of traders. So the trip will go all along the way that the traders use and will make camps where they rest, in close coordination with them. The trip will take you up to the No Man’s Land . So being with these local people with the caravan of yaks provides the real taste of this Upper Dolpo’s traditional trading. Anyone can imagine what a wonderful trip will it be? To make a journey within the spread of Upper Dolpa region, adapting the varied biodiversity on the arid highland in typical traditional way. How will you dream? Make your dream come true joining the Yak Caravan Trip.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) basis during the trek
5. 4 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) and Pokhara.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head by Private Transport.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
14. Welcome dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
15. Trekking Map, T-shirt, Trekking certificate.
16. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
17. All Government and local Taxes
18. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
19. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
10. Domestic Ticket of Lukla, Jomsom, Pokhara etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.