Kailash Helicopter Tour Via Simikot Hilsa
Overview The Kailash Helicopter Tour via Simikot-Hilsa is also a breathtaking journey that takes travelers on a spiritual and scenic adventure to the sacred Mount Kailash in the remote region of Western Tibet. This trip also offers a unique opportunity to witness the awe-inspiring beauty of the Himalayas and experience the cultural and religious significance of the revered mountain. The journey begins with a flight to Simikot, a small town in the Humla district of Nepal. From Simikot, travelers take a thrilling helicopter ride to Hilsa, which lies on the Tibetan border. The helicopter ride itself also offers magnificent views…
The Kailash Helicopter Tour via Simikot-Hilsa is also a breathtaking journey that takes travelers on a spiritual and scenic adventure to the sacred Mount Kailash in the remote region of Western Tibet. This trip also offers a unique opportunity to witness the awe-inspiring beauty of the Himalayas and experience the cultural and religious significance of the revered mountain.
The journey begins with a flight to Simikot, a small town in the Humla district of Nepal. From Simikot, travelers take a thrilling helicopter ride to Hilsa, which lies on the Tibetan border. The helicopter ride itself also offers magnificent views of the snow-capped peaks and rugged landscapes, making it an unforgettable experience.
Upon arriving in Hilsa, travelers proceed with their overland journey towards Mount Kailash. The route passes through picturesque landscapes, serene lakes, and remote Tibetan villages, providing glimpses of the unique Tibetan culture and way of life. The region is rich in ancient monasteries, prayer flags, and chortens, adding to the spiritual ambiance of the trip.
The ultimate highlight of the tour is the revered Mount Kailash, considered one of the most sacred peaks in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon religion. The mountain’s distinctive pyramid shape and its isolation from neighboring peaks make it an awe-inspiring sight. It believes that circumambulating Mount Kailash on foot, known as the Kailash Parikrama, brings spiritual enlightenment and washes away sins.
During the tour, travelers may also opt to visit Lake Mansarovar, another holy site located near Mount Kailash. The serene turquoise waters of the lake against the backdrop of the snow-capped mountains create a tranquil atmosphere, making it an ideal spot for meditation and reflection.
Conclusion and Summary
The Kailash Helicopter Tour via Simikot-Hilsa is not just a physical journey but also a spiritual and emotional one. It offers a unique chance to connect with nature, gain insight into ancient traditions, and experience a sense of inner peace and enlightenment. The trip is well-suited for adventurous souls seeking a once-in-a-lifetime experience that combines the beauty of the Himalayas with the profundity of spiritual exploration. It is a journey that leaves an indelible mark on the hearts and minds of those fortunate enough to undertake it.
The Kailash Helicopter Tour via Simikot-Hilsa is a remarkable journey that offers a range of unique and unforgettable highlights, combining breathtaking landscapes, spiritual experiences, and cultural immersion. Some of the trip highlights include:
- Scenic Helicopter Ride: The trip begins with a thrilling helicopter ride from Nepalgunj to Simikot and then from Simikot to Hilsa. These helicopter flights provide stunning aerial views of the Himalayas, including snow-capped peaks, deep gorges, and picturesque valleys.
- Remote and Pristine Region: The journey takes travelers to the remote and less-visited region of Western Tibet, providing a sense of exploration and adventure as they traverse through rugged terrains and untouched landscapes.
- Sacred Mount Kailash: The main highlight of the trip is the sacred Mount Kailash itself. The distinct pyramid-shaped peak is considered holy in four major religions and holds immense spiritual significance. Seeing the majestic Mount Kailash up close is an awe-inspiring experience.
- Kailash Parikrama: Travelers have the option to partake in the revered Kailash Parikrama, a trek around the base of Mount Kailash. This 52-kilometer circuit is believed to bring blessings and spiritual enlightenment.
- Lake Mansarovar: The tour may include a visit to Lake Mansarovar, another sacred site located near Mount Kailash. The serene and pristine lake, with its crystal-clear waters, offers a serene atmosphere for reflection and meditation.
- Tibetan Culture and Monasteries: Throughout the journey, travelers have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the rich Tibetan culture. They can visit ancient monasteries, interact with local villagers, and witness traditional ceremonies and rituals.
- Pilgrims and Sadhus: The region around Mount Kailash attracts pilgrims and sadhus (holy men) from all over the world. Meeting and interacting with these devout individuals adds a unique and spiritually enriching aspect to the journey.
- Panoramic Landscapes: The trip offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan range, including Mount Kailash, Lake Mansarovar, and other snow-capped peaks. The landscapes are a photographer’s paradise.
- Spiritual Enlightenment: The journey to Mount Kailash is not just a physical adventure but also a spiritual one. Many travelers find a sense of peace, introspection, and enlightenment during their time in this sacred land.
- Limited Group Size: The helicopter tour often operates with limited group sizes, allowing for a more intimate and personalized experience for each traveler.
Altitude :1310m, Accommodation: Hotel, Meals: Breakfast
Everest Expeditions Nepal airport representative will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the Hotel in Kathmandu as denoted in the itinerary. All the trip plans for Kailash Mansarovar will be discussed. You will be given the permits and necessary documents which we will prepare before your arrival. The welcome dinner is organized and guides are introduced. Small Briefing about the trip and Overnight at Hotel.
Altitude: 150m, Accommodation: Hotel. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
We will Today drive a short distance to Boudhanath Stupa. In Boudhanath, wander the Tibetan-inspired streets and illustrate some local delicacies. We will then head towards Tribhuwan International Airport for the flight to Nepalgunj. Overnight at Nepalgunj
Altitude: 2910m, Accommodation: Hotel/Tea House, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After Breakfast we will head towards the domestic Airport in Nepalgunj and Take a flight to Simikot, the Hidden Beauty of Nepal, you can stroll around Simikot and explore the beautiful Landscape and authentic Tibetan culture, and Local Tibetan Food.
Altitude: 4755m, Accommodation: Hotel/Tea House, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today is the day we take a Helicopter to Hilsa village on the northwest border to Tibet where you can learn and explore Tibetan culture and join another group who will drive to Hilsa since we need to make a group trek. We will now drive towards Taklakot via Purang border in the afternoon, admire the landscape while having to pass 3 checkpoints where checking might take some time. Overnight at Taklakot
Altitude:4755m, Accommodation:Hotel/Tea House, Meals:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today we take some rest at Taklakot and stroll around the Tibetan valley and explore their culture, Taklakot lies at an altitude of 4755m above sea level in the Valley of Sarayu Karnali River, an ancient trade route and market for Nepalese.
Altitude:4590m, Accommodation:Hotel/Tea House, Meals:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today we take the road to Manasarovar Lake about 95 km. You must pass the first checkpoint along the route. After that, we’ll drive 70 kilometers from Taklakot to Rakshas Tal where Gurla Mandhata Parvat and the first glimpse of Mount Kailash and Manasarovar lake are located to the right. From Rakshas Tal, drive to Manasarovar Lake about 25 km. Begin the Manasarovar Lake Parikrama where your worship and puja starts.
Altitude: 4880m, Accommodation: Hotel/Tea, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Drive to Darchen about 35 km/1 hours (4650m) and Yama Dwar about 8 km, the Kora starting location. We’ll walk 14 kilometers to Dirapuk. Those who do not like to climb around Mt. Kailash (Parikrama) might return to Darchen and wait for the remainder of the group to arrive from Parikrama. Breakfast at Manasarovar, Lunch & Dinner on the Way During Parikrama, even if you are not doing parikrama, you will have to wait for other members to finish parikrama, we encourage you to do parikrama and explore nature, You Only Live Once.
Altitude: 5700m, Accommodation: Tea House, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dirapuk to Dolma La Pass Trek about 8 km. A high climb about 3 kilometers before reaching Dolma La Pass makes the hike a bit tough. The descent from Dolma La Pass is also the same for up to 3 kilometers. You can also admire Gaurikund which you can see as you descend. We will arrive in Phedi after around 2–3 hours of walking. We shall begin our walk to Zuthulpuk after some rest about a 12 km trek for 6 hours.
Altitude: 4755m, Accommodation: Tea House, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
We will arrive at our Private A/C Coach pick-up point after a short easy trek about 8 km – 3 hours. Then travel to Darchen about 3 kilometers and join the other members who had gathered. Drive to Hilsa from there we can also take a helicopter to Simikot based on the situation.
Altitude: 1310m, Accommodation: Hotel, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today we will take a Helicopter from Hilsa to Simikot which roughly takes about 25 minutes, upon arriving in Simikot to we will take a road trip to Nepalgunj and Surkhet and return to Kathmandu via Plane or you also have the option to proceed to Lucknow by Road.
Altitude: 1310m, Accommodation: Hotel, Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today we make our day as a reserve in case of any flight cancellation due to bad weather. If our trip continues as per our plan we will rest this day. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Altitude: 1310m, Accommodation: N/A, Meals: Breakfast
Today you officially complete your Kailash Mansorver Tour by Helicopter with Everest Expeditions Nepal, we will hand over you a certificate of Completion and your documents with us, Farewell, and drop you at Tribhuwan Internation Airport. Have a safe journey.
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- all ground transportation by private vehicle
- Half-day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu twin sharing based
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Simikot
- Domestic flight of Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Kathmandu
- Domestic flight of Nepaljung-Simikot-Nepaljung
- A chartered helicopter from Simikot-Hilsa-Simikot
- group sharing guesthouse in Kailash part as per itinerary
- Buffet Indian veg. meals (breakfast/dinner/packed lunch) during the trip
- transportation by bus/van
- Support truck to keep goods, your bid bags, and foods
- Tibet permit and Tibet Group Visa
- all necessary entrance fees in Kailash Region
- All camping equipment for the kitchen
- Enough oxygen cylinders and pillow
- All service charges and taxes
- Down Jacket (Refundable Basis), Duffel Bag
- Appreciation Certificate from Yolo Hike after the yatra
- Personal Horse and Helper during Kailash Parikrama/ Kailash Round/ Kailash Kora
- Using extra nights in hotel/ guesthouse (except the hotels mentioned in the itinerary)
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra costs incurred due to split from the main group or serious health condition
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of Personal nature
- Any extra expenses due to flight delay/ cancel with a valid reason
- Any extra cost due to late permit/visa from Tibet part
- Tipping to staffs
- Upgrade of Hotel and Guest House during the trip
Q1. Can I use Credit Card and ATM during the Trek? What currency is used?
Tibet’s official currency is the Yuan, but other currencies such as the US dollar, Euro, and British pound are also accepted. However, before traveling to Tibet, we recommend exchanging your money for Yuan. If you’re coming in through Kathmandu, change your money at any of the city’s money exchanges. You can also exchange money or use ATMs in Lhasa if you arrive from mainland China. Because finding ATMs or banks in rural areas of Tibet is difficult, it is recommended that you bring CASH with you to cover all of your expenses. Please consult your travel agency to determine how much you should carry for the trip, as it is dependent on your trip package.
Q2. What can be the best time for the Kailash Yatra?
The optimum time to visit Mount Kailash is from April until the end of September, while the greatest time to tour central Tibet is from November to December. From early November to early April, extreme weather changes make travel to Everest Base Camp problematic; also, throughout the winter season, roads in eastern Tibet, particularly around Mt Kailash and western Tibet, may be closed owing to heavy snowfall.
Q3. What is the altitude during the Kailash Kora?
The three-day Kailash Parikrama is the most difficult part of the Mount Kailash Tour. Darchen is the starting point for the 52-kilometer trip (4,560m). You pass through Lha-Chu Valley, Lham-Chu Valley, Dzong-Chu Valley, and Darchen. You would spend one night in Dirapuk Monastery and the next in Zuthulpuk Monastery during the Kailash Kora. The Kora around Kailash Mountain has an average altitude of roughly 5,000 meters, and the average daily walk is about 7 to 8 hours. Every pilgrim who travels to Kailash to complete the Kailash Kora walks clockwise around the Kailash Mountain, passing via the highest pass, Dolma La. (5645m).
Food and Drinks
Kathmandu: Pure Veg Food (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided at hotel)
Kathmandu – Hilsa – Kathmandu: Pure Veg Indian Food provided at Indian Restaurant/Hotel.
Tibet Region: Pure Veg Indian Food provided prepared by our Nepali Staffs.
Kathmandu: Private Car/Van/Bus as per group size for Airport Pickup and Sightseeing with A.C
Kathmandu – Nepalgunj -Simikot- Kathmandu: Flight
Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot: Helicopter
Tibet Region: Deluxe Tourist Bus available with A.C
Kathmandu: Three Star Hotel Twin Sharing
Nepalgunj: Four Star Hotel (Twin Sharing)
Hilsa: Guest House (Twin/Triple/four Sharing) – Dromedary Room
Taklakot: Three-star Hotel (Twin Sharing)
Saga: Three Star Hotel (Twin Sharing)
Mansarovar: Guest House (Twin / Triple / Four Sharing) Dromedary Room
Darchen: Three Star Hotel (Twin Sharing)
Kora: Guest House (Twin/Triple/Four Sharing) Dromedary Room
Tibet Permit and Visa
Tibet Permit: For applying Tibet Permit, we need your copy of valid passport at least 45 days prior to your tour date so that we can apply permit on time.
- Clearly Scanned copy of Passport
- Passport must be valid (not expired)
Tibet Visa: For Tibet visa, we will inform you to send your original Passport in Delhi 10 days prior to your tour date. We will issue your Tibet Visa in Delhi and we will send you back your original Passport to your address and you can fly to Nepal.
Fly to Nepal: You must have original Passport or Voter ID to fly to Nepal.
- Thermal vest and pyjama
Undergarments and Night wear
- Full sleeves cotton round and polo neck and t-shirts,
- Comfortable and WARM pants/leggings/trousers
- Woolen sweater, Down jacket (able to accommodate inner layers)
- Cotton socks, Woolen socks
- Balaclava (monkey cap) and Shawl/scarf
- Gloves – cotton/woolen mittens AND a pair of snow gloves for those doing the Parikrama
- Wind cheater with hood
- Slippers to be worn with socks
- Swimsuit (hot spring in Chui Gompa) If you are interested to use that by paying yourself.
- Something to wear while taking a dip in Lake Mansarovar
Personal and bath kits
- Tooth paste & brush
- Lip Balm and Sunscreen
- Deodorant & perfume
- Shampoo sachets
- Soap strips
- Skin moisturizer
- Toilet paper rolls/personal hygiene wipes
- Small mirror
- Comb/hair brush
- Hair ties
- Hand sanitizers
- Face mask
Other important miscellaneous items
- Luggage Tags to remember your baggage
- Number locks for luggage
- Battery packs for phone and camera
- Camera with extra storage memory/batteries
- Phone and camera chargers (Nepal and Tibet have same plug adapters as India)
- Plastic bags to separate used and unused clothes
- Small knife (Not suggested on hand carry)
- IPod and headphones
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees