Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Lhasa 2023: A Sacred Pilgrimage to the Himalayas Introduction to Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023: The Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023 is a revered pilgrimage that takes devotees to the sacred Mount Kailash and the pristine Lake Mansarovar in the remote western region of Tibet. This journey holds immense significance in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon religions. For those planning to embark on this spiritual quest in 2023, here is an overview of the trip via Lhasa, the capital of Tibet. Route and Itinerary: The journey begins from Kathmandu, Nepal, and follows the route to Lhasa,…
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Lhasa 2023: A Sacred Pilgrimage to the Himalayas
Introduction to Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023:
The Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023 is a revered pilgrimage that takes devotees to the sacred Mount Kailash and the pristine Lake Mansarovar in the remote western region of Tibet. This journey holds immense significance in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon religions. For those planning to embark on this spiritual quest in 2023, here is an overview of the trip via Lhasa, the capital of Tibet.
Route and Itinerary:
The journey begins from Kathmandu, Nepal, and follows the route to Lhasa, Tibet. Travelers can choose to reach Lhasa either by air or road. After acclimatization and exploration of Lhasa’s cultural and spiritual attractions, the pilgrimage continues towards Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar. The exact itinerary may vary depending on the tour operator and the duration chosen for the trip.
Duration for Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023:
The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra typically spans around 15 to 20 days. This duration includes travel, acclimatization days in Lhasa, and the trekking period around Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. It is crucial to allocate ample time for acclimatization to adapt to the high altitudes.
Permits and Visa:
Traveling to Tibet requires several permits, including the Chinese visa and the necessary travel permits for Tibet. It is advisable to engage a registered tour operator who will assist in obtaining the required permits and visa. Indian pilgrims must also obtain an Inner Line Permit through the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
Altitude and Acclimatization:
During the yatra, pilgrims will encounter high altitudes, with the highest point being the Dolma La Pass at approximately 5,636 meters (18,500 feet) above sea level. Proper acclimatization is essential to prevent altitude sickness. Pilgrims are encouraged to maintain physical fitness, consult a healthcare professional, and follow the guidelines provided by their tour operator.
Trekking and Accommodation:
The circumambulation trek around Mount Kailash covers approximately 52 kilometers (32 miles) and usually takes about three days to complete. Accommodation during the yatra primarily consists of guesthouses or tents provided by the tour operator. As the region is remote, facilities may be basic, but the stunning natural surroundings compensate for it.
Weather and Best Time to Visit :
The best time to undertake the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is during the summer months from May to September. During this period, the weather is relatively milder, and the mountain passes are more accessible. However, weather conditions can be unpredictable, and it is advisable to be prepared for changing climates.
Conclusion for Kailash Mansarovar via Lhasa 2023:
Embarking on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Lhasa in 2023 offers a profound spiritual experience amidst the majestic Himalayan landscapes. The journey requires thorough planning, consultation with experienced tour operators, and careful attention to acclimatization and health considerations. This pilgrimage promises to be a transformative and deeply fulfilling experience for devotees seeking spiritual enlightenment and connection with the divine.
- Specialize in top treks in Tibet, esp. Mt.Kailash Kora and EBC trek
- Provide one-stop tour service for Mt.Kailash kora, including travel documents, porter, camping facilities, etc
- Since the first tour to Mt. Kailash in 1984, no accident happened
- Follow the health conditions of our clients throughout the tour, with oxygen and other emergency backup plan
- Seasoned Tibetan guides and team who worked with us for years
- Offer many viable options to Mt. Kailash kora, Manasrovar and surrounding attractions including both southern route and northern route from Lhasa to Ngari
- Sacred Mount Kailash is in the remotest region of Tibet and is believed to be the center of the world in four religions. Holy Lake Manasarovar, near the foot of Kailash, is also a pilgrimage site.Every year, many believing pilgrims from India, Nepal, China, and many other countries visit Mount Kailash for a yatra (pilgrimage), which usually includes a kora trek around it. Mount Kailash was covered by National Geographic as No. 5 of the “Top 10 pilgrimage routes around the world” in April 2021.
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport. Be received by our staff that will help in assisting you to get transferred to the hotel. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Accomodation: Hotel Shangrila / Annapurna Hotel
After breakfast, city sightseeing tour to Pashupatinath and Bodhnath Stupa. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Accomodation: Hotel Shangrila / Annapurna Hotel
Take an early morning flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, which will take approximately 90 minutes of flight time. Arrive at the Gonggar airport. Be received by our staff that will assist you in getting transferred to Lhasa (3650m) by surface. The whole day is kept for acclimatizing. Overnight stay at a hotel in Lhasa.
Accomodation: Overnight stay at a hotel in Lhasa.
The whole day is kept for sightseeing in Lhasa. Visit Norbulinka Palace, the historic summer palace of Dalai Lama, where government issues and religious activities would be addressed. The following afternoon is spent touring the Jokhang Temple, the fundamental pilgrimage destination of Tibetan pilgrims. It is considered to be one of Tibet’s holiest shrines. In the evening, we take a stroll to Barkhor Bazaar, a hive of bazaar activity and an astonishing pilgrim jamboree that gives a delightful introduction to Tibet. We visit one of the major monasteries namely, Sera Monastery. The rest of the day is left for relaxation. Overnight stay at a hotel in Lhasa.
After breakfast, we will drive to Shigatse city and visit the Tashilhunpo monastery, the seat of revered monk, Panchen Lama, second in importance to Dalai Lama. The rest of the day is to enjoy the flea market.
We leave Shigatse the following morning and drive to Saga, which is situated along the banks of Brahmaputra. Prepare yourself for breathtaking and astounding views of Tibet. Overnight stay at a hotel in Saga.
Accomodation: Overnight stay at a hotel in Saga.
Drive to Manasarovar and experience an energizing and virtual dip, containing special healing propertiesin the freshwater lake that will revitalize your senses. Feast your eyes with awe-inspiring vistas of the turquoise lake and surround yourself with the epitome of serenity.
A spiritual day for meditation on the shores of the lake, we will stay at Lake Manasarovar for Puja & Havan. Later, in the evening drive to Darchen.
Drive to the starting point of the trek, Yamadwar and then, trek to Dirapuk. Enroute, observe the magnificent scenes of Kailash, facing west with backdrops of yak caravans and soothing landscapes with sights of fabled monasteries.
Trek to Zhuthulpuk with the mighty presence of enchanting Kailash and sublime your senses with the immense beauty of its grandeur.
Today, we end Kailash Kora and drive back to Saga.
Day 12: Drive to Kerung (3500m / 6-7 hrs).
Overnight at Kerung.
Accomodation: Hotel in Kerung
Day 13: Drive to Nepal border at Timure and exit via Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (162 km / 9-10 hrs ).
Overnight at Kathmandu
Accomodation: Hotel Shangrila / Annapurna Hotel
Transfer to the airport for your final departure back home
Arrival / Departure Transfers by AC Coach
Twin Sharing Accommodation at Hotel Shangrila / Annapurna Hotel with Full Board Meals
Sightseeing Tours with monumental entrance fees
Kathmandu / Lhasa air fare by Sichuan Airlines Or Air China
During Yatra , Twin sharing accommodation in Lhasa, Shigatse, Saga and Kerung.
Best available accommodation at Saga, Lake Manasarovar, Darchen and during Kailas Kora
Full Board Vegetarian Meals
Daily 2 liters Bottled Mineral Water
English Speaking Tibetan Guide
One Team Leader Travelling with the Group from Everest Expeditions Nepal.
Tibet / China Visa Fee
Complimentary Duffel Bag
Complimentary Shoulder bag
Dawn Jacket on returnable basis
First aid-kit , Medical Oxygen, Pulse Oxymetre and Gamow bag.
Expenses Of Personal Nature
Hiring Of Horse & Porters if required for
The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is a sacred pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar, located in the remote western region of Tibet. The journey is considered highly significant in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon religions. While I can provide some general information about the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, it’s essential to consult with travel agencies or tour operators for the most accurate and up-to-date information about the trip.
- Route: The route you mentioned, via Lhasa, is one of the common routes taken by pilgrims for the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. It involves traveling from Kathmandu (Nepal) to Lhasa (Tibet) by air or road, and then continuing the journey from Lhasa to Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar.
- Duration: The duration of the entire trip can vary depending on the itinerary and mode of transportation. Typically, it takes around 15 to 20 days to complete the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. This includes acclimatization days in Lhasa and several days of trekking around Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar.
- Permits and Visa: Traveling to Tibet requires various permits and a Chinese visa. It is recommended to join a registered tour operator who will assist you in obtaining the necessary permits and visa. Additionally, for Indian pilgrims, an additional Inner Line Permit is required, which can be obtained through the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- Altitude and Acclimatization: The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra involves traveling to high altitudes, with Mount Kailash reaching about 6,638 meters (21,778 feet). Acclimatization days in Lhasa and gradual ascent during the trek are essential to prevent altitude sickness. It is crucial to be physically fit and consult a doctor before embarking on the journey.
- Trekking and Accommodation: The trek around Mount Kailash is approximately 52 kilometers (32 miles) long and takes around three days to complete. The accommodation during the yatra typically includes guesthouses or tents provided by tour operators. The facilities may be basic due to the remote location.
- Weather and Best Time to Visit: The weather in the Kailash Mansarovar region can be harsh and unpredictable. The best time to undertake the yatra is during the summer months from May to September when the weather is relatively milder, and the mountain passes are more accessible.
It is crucial to thoroughly research and plan your trip well in advance, considering the religious significance, physical challenges, and logistical requirements of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. Consulting with experienced tour operators or travel agencies will ensure a smoother and well-organized pilgrimage.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees