Nubra Valley Trek
Overview The Nubra Valley Trek offers a mesmerizing journey through the breathtaking landscapes of Ladakh, India. Nestled high in the Himalayan range, this remote and picturesque valley also presents a unique opportunity for adventurous trekkers to explore the rugged beauty and rich cultural heritage of the region. Spanning approximately 7 to 10 days, the Nubra Valley Trek begins in the quaint town of Leh, where trekkers acclimatize to the high altitude before setting off on their expedition. The trail takes hikers through an enchanting labyrinth of barren deserts, lush green oasis-like villages, and towering snow-capped peaks. As the trek unfolds,…
The Nubra Valley Trek offers a mesmerizing journey through the breathtaking landscapes of Ladakh, India. Nestled high in the Himalayan range, this remote and picturesque valley also presents a unique opportunity for adventurous trekkers to explore the rugged beauty and rich cultural heritage of the region.
Spanning approximately 7 to 10 days, the Nubra Valley Trek begins in the quaint town of Leh, where trekkers acclimatize to the high altitude before setting off on their expedition. The trail takes hikers through an enchanting labyrinth of barren deserts, lush green oasis-like villages, and towering snow-capped peaks.
As the trek unfolds, participants traverse challenging mountain passes, including the renowned Khardung La, one of the world’s highest motorable roads, offering awe-inspiring panoramic views. The route meanders alongside the Shyok and Nubra rivers, adding a touch of serenity to the arid landscapes. Camping under the starlit skies amidst the vastness of the valley is an unforgettable experience.
Throughout the journey, trekkers engage with the warm-hearted locals and immerse themselves in Ladakhi culture. They have the chance to visit ancient monasteries, interact with monks, and gain insights into the region’s Buddhist heritage.
The Nubra Valley Trek demands moderate to high fitness levels due to its altitudes ranging from 3,000 to 5,000 meters, but it rewards adventurers with stunning vistas of the surrounding mountains and unique geological formations like the famous sand dunes of Hundar. This trek provides an escape from the bustling world and a chance to connect with nature’s raw beauty.
It is advisable to undertake the Nubra Valley Trek during the summer months of June to September when the weather is most conducive for trekking. However, due to its remote location and ecological sensitivity, travelers are encouraged to follow responsible trekking practices and leave no trace behind.
Conclusion and Summary
In conclusion, the Nubra Valley Trek is an unforgettable expedition that not only challenges the physical prowess of trekkers but also captivates them with its mesmerizing scenery and cultural encounters. It’s an expedition that promises to leave a lasting imprint on the hearts of those who dare to venture into this remote and enchanting Himalayan realm.
- You can ride on one of the rarest species of camel known as the Bactrian camel.
- You will be privileged enough to cross high mountain passes namely Khardung La and Lasermo La.
- Get along with lush green meadows and gorges.
Arrival Delhi, transfer to hotel
Fly to Leh, transfer to hotel
Sightseeing in Leh, hotel
Sightseeing in Leh, hotel
Drive to Sabu Zong – Pulu Digger, camp
Trek to Digger La- Digger Lartsa, camp
Trek to Digger, camp
Trek to Rung, camp
Trek to Khalsar and Transfer to Hundar, hotel
Trek to Skarchen, camp
Trek to Thanglesgo, camp
Trek to Camp before the Lasermo La, camp
Trek to Morubuk, camp
Trek to Phyang, transfer to Leh., hotel
Fly to Delhi, transfer to hotel
Delhi. – Leisure day, hotel
Transfer to airport for final departure
- Accommodations at Trek: All accommodations on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel will be in a budget hotel.
- Trek Leader and Guides: An experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek. The team will have years of experience and well equipped for any emergency situation.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five-course meal plan.
- Camping and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Trek Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee, etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life-Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life-changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They are subjected to change according to the government rules of India.
- Food in Leh: Food in Leh is not included in the package. You can dine anywhere in Leh city, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport are not included in the package. Transportation from Home city to Leh and Leh to Home city is not included in the package. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to the weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason, if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures. You can buy insurance from us while booking the trek, it is optional.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (Laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, Snacks, Orders at tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides, Camera fees, etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Going through Khardung La, which is the world’s most elevated motorable street, the Nubra Valley Trek tears open to delightful geology that was used to be a piece of an exchange course between India, Tibet and Central Asia. It was a significant stage for parades following the Silk Road utilized for swapping their donkeys for the well known twofold mound Bactrian camels.
The stream Nubra following in the area is a significant tributary of the Shyok waterway that streams corresponding to the Indus on the northern side of the Ladakh go. A rich assortment of vegetation and orchids can be seen along the Nubra River which brings about adding shading to the valley. Today, Nubra Valley Trek is one of the moderate to testing treks in Ladakh locale that permit investigation of hued steep and infertile dividers, remote towns and Gompas.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-Free Booking
- No Booking or Credit Card Fees